Nag

Resident Evil 2

I did that same fight, it is no joke. 8 shotgun shells and about 40 handguns into the general vicinity of his big eyeball. He has two states I think, one where he's more Birkin and less dangerous, but harder to damage cause his eye is shut. One where he's all G and more vicious but weaker to damage.

Anyway, my dog clearly does not approve of Birkins decision to turn himself into an eyeball dragon

Like an addict I'm back in the station for the Leon B caper. I didn't realize that the scenarios were not really connected by narrative. For some reason I was expecting to find doors unlocked by Claire still open etc, but I'm basically doing the same shit, including finding medallions and charging C4 in the same locations. It's a bit weird, really.

I don't know why I was expecting that, I just was. And I don't really know why it's not like that. It would certainly make more sense.

Plus, Mr X is far more active in this scenario, and is more annoying than scary if I'm honest, especially after sussing that just running in a bit of a circle as he approaches seems to leave him completely flustered. Silly bugger.

Finally after a busy week I got myself back on to some Resi to start my Claire B run. 

Is it weird I find it relaxing settling down to some (good) Resi? I love this game 😍

If only hardcore mode was relaxing 😰

I had a very rough run in at the west staircase. Mr X was around and I knew there was a licker about so I knew I needed to use my new magnum to clear the place up. Well turns out there were two of the cunting fucks there and they wrecked me. Got out of there after wasting a few rounds but came back later with a grenade. I could have cut my losses as I didn't really even need to go there but by that point it was personal. That's my favourite safe spot they're guarding 😡

I'm impressed they were able to make the Lickers so lethal in this game, whereas they were not much worse than the dogs in the original. 

I think they've had a little practice in enemy design since the original game... thinking about it the Lickers remind me of the Novistadors in Resi 4 a bit.

They'd have to virtually beat the Lickers to death with a nerf stick if they ever wanted a static camera viewpoint in this.

Static camera won't work in this game. There's too many dark corridors where you're supposed to point your camera/flashlight towards what you want to see.

FP/VR would work a treat however. Might be a bit of a push for consoles with the larger environment than REVII but there's always PC mods

Yeah, but they're murky grey rather than black...😉

That really looks like Leon is interrupting a private moment😂

@Nag That practice with enemy design is what intrigues me most about a revamped Nemesis. Relentless pursuit...

That's the only reason it got an 18 certificate.

Good nosh 😂

I never found Lickers that bad in the original or here either. Easy mode with Claire's arsenal tho. Just been down the car park area.

Spoiler

Pain in the ass with Leon and doggos. Piece of cake with Claire and the Lickers. 

But yeah reckon Hard mode is just that. Make use of blue herb defense, knee cap zombos. Hmmmm. Hopefully I'll get round to having a go before Anthem but at the pace/time I have it's looking tight 😐

I went back to the game today and realized that I'd done the Birkin fight and hadn't saved afterwards... Fucking doh!

Anyway, I've redone it (better this time) and I've returned to the Station and cleared that out, had a sketchy time trying to get that Jack handle...

Just about to open Ben's cell now.

IMG_bb909c71-430a-407c-86b0-d464b5ce77d3.png

I don't think I'm looking too bad, apart from the boss fights later on the Station is the hardest part.

Finally had to consult a guide to get that magnum in Leon B. Turns out I had that usb all along. Bugger.

6 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

😏

Dyp0dWhXQAE3ba-?format=jpg&name=large

so those hi-vis protesters will toss salad but they won't eat a vegan sausage roll. Make up your minds racists! :fist:

24 minutes ago, bellow said:

Finally had to consult a guide to get that magnum in Leon B. Turns out I had that usb all along. Bugger.

Oh dear....😂😂

Am I mad to start this on Hardcore?

It's very difficult on hardcore. Nag has lots of supplies cause he has that fecking knife, but in my ass noshing screenshot above those are my only 8 bullets outside of a few mag rounds of saved for the next boss fight.

I walked past again later and the yellow vest decided he had enough of bum and wanted some Leon ankle  instead.