passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 2

ThreeFour

Yeah, I was trying to create a video for you guys to show it but either the recording doesn't work in HDR or Capcom have blocked recording of the game in general.

The Ueda OST sounds great for roaming around the environment. It doesn't feel "wrong" as such, it contributes to the atmosphere when you're just lost in RPD roaming around. However you might not be able to hear Mr X as clearly.

It also gives you classic boss themes for Birkin.

Edit got it working

I hear REmake 3 is actually already in development. Apparently from the same guy (online) that predicted the release date for the Chris DLC in RE 7, among other things. They are awaiting the success of this game before dropping the reveal. ?

Strange, reading through the thread, Mr X was made prevalent in the 'A' game. He was the main surprise of the 'B' game traditionally, alongside the reveal of what he is, under the trench coat. Seeing the reactions I expected. Some I shared myself after playing through the demo a couple of times on my brother's X-1. For the time being I can't go any further than the demo. But I was pleased to see the end of the demo confirm HUNK and Tofu!

I've left off with Leon attempting to get in to the clocktower, this run is definitely harder than Claire's... Mr X has virtually free run of the entire station, that wasn't the case at all for Claire. You've also got corridors with both Zombies and Lickers in so that rules out stealth and then add the fact Leon has less options for crowd control.

Hardcore is gonna be a bitch on this.

IMG_0c1be0b6-1f39-419c-af31-303d0153e56e.png

Still fucking loving the game though.❤️

Finally made a start on this. Had a good explore, killed many a zombie, stealthed a licker, cursed the punyness of Claire's inventory (as you must in these games), and ended with 2 of the required discs for the first objective before calling it a day.

I'm not a horror game fan, I admit, even though Resi 4 is in my top ten. That game is one of the very first I played and is very special to me, but usually I find these games exhausting. So, I only have a few reference point while playing this, Resi 4, the  Resi revelation games, dead space 1, and Luigi's mansion.

Up to now this is scarier than Luigi's mansion but not as scary as dead space. 

That might change, depending on licker quotas.

2 hours ago, Middle_Class_Hero said:

I think it becomes a bit more nerve shredding once Mr X turns up.

If they have done this much with Mr. X, I can't wait to see how they revamp the constant threat of Nemesis.

Ahh, I'm really tired after work. That's the trouble with these games, you have to be a bit fresh to take on the challenge. And I was looking forward to getting back into the saddle. 

I'll see how I feel. But if I nod off while playing I'm likely to wake up in a pool of my own intestines (virtually).

I'm really enjoying this, promise, I'm near the end of Leon's campaign and it's been maintly pretty awesome but...

The zombie bullet sponge thing is absolute bollocks. I've just died to a zombie who survived two fairly close shotgun blasts to the head. That's dogshit. Otherwise, brilliant. Extremely rewarding exploration leading to progress. But fuck off zombies.

13 minutes ago, illdog said:

I've just died to a zombie who survived two fairly close shotgun blasts to the head

I love the uncertainty, it also stops boredom when backtracking... if in doubt prod um with a knife, or chop their legs off.

@bellow... keep your eyes open for background hints too, they aren't all in notes.?

Hit a brick wall there for half an hour or so. It seemed to me there was nowhere else to go, only lots of things waiting for items to make them work, or rooms with key locks I don't have.

Just about to give up, then chanced upon a chain secured door I must have somehow missed. Now I have the 

Spoiler

Detonator

I've been searching for for ages.

Result!

Hope you've got the thing to make it go ping... @bellow

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious but items that have a set amount of uses (keys, bolt cutters, cranks that kind've thing) get a little red tick on them in the item screen so you know you're done with them.