passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 2

ThreeFour

Got my digital copy downloaded,once midnight hits I’m jumping straight in. And with 2 days off,it will pretty much dominate my time. Though I’ll behave myself a bit due to having my dissertation to do.

When the original RE2 came out,I twagged the day off college. Now this is our,and my uni work may slip for the weekend. Ah,nostalgia.

I only ever played the demo back in the day that came with the official PS mag. With this remake I hadn't been paying any attention to it until very recently. I played the one shot trial and ordered it straight after.

Loving it so far. I did not want to switch it off just now but I must get to bed. I'm sure to have some good dreams tonight. 

It's not a remaster!?

Played some more before having to come to work, I left off with Claire in the Parking Garage where Irons pistol whips her (I already want that cunt dead)...

Met up with the Lickers now, they're fuckers in this, no more standing still aiming down with the grenade launcher now...IMG_cffeba77-e85f-4183-9c58-65297239a623.png

Not too clever with a point blank flame round though, eh?

Also had my first meeting with Sherry and her father, he succeeded in sucking up most of my ammunition.

IMG_cd7c031c-5e9a-4a61-a658-37bfa6d96ad5.png

Anyway, like I said I'm underground near the Kennels and morgue... *Shudder*

Gotta give props to the fire effects in this, they're gorgeous.

Spoiler

IMG_cee34819-b318-46f7-b7de-5661bf37fb12.png

IMG_b26ce3e9-8b8d-4cb3-8346-f85622a844b9.png

IMG_3b36cf2d-1036-44ce-a211-87c4813b4ed9.png

I tried out some of the alternate costumes to start with. The Noir ones look great but they make the whole game go black and white, which is a nice touch, but not something I want for my first go. Doesn’t seem to be an option to play in colour with them on.

Edit: actually there is an option when you switch costumes.

I’m going Leon to start with, I think that’s how I did it the first time around.

They've done a lot to accomodate the modern controls and systems and buff the zombies in a way that they are still a threat as much as is possible. But I think they are still tougher to deal with in the original (mostly cause of cack controls). What they do is super impressive tho and never knowing when they are dead is a clever trick to fuck the player over.

Those lickers however seem much more tough than I remember. In the OG I swear they were less threatening than the zombie doggos but here they chase you down hallways and eviscerate you. Kind of glad I didn't go for hardcore mode cause I was very tempted for a bit.

Had a couple of hours on this last night and think it's really great so far.

Not sure about the hunting knife degrading. There I was gleefully slashing away at zombies, only to open my inventory and notice a depleting bar under the weapon. "Oh shit" I thought. Shouldn't be too much of a problem providing they're relatively common (i've already found three).

Really like how they've done the zombies. Like @one-armed dwarf says it really amps up the tension not knowing whether one is dead or not. I was constantly looking for the telltale pooling of blood which has featured in previous RE games and signified a dispatched foe. Soon realised that I was waiting for a visual cue which doesn't exist.

Also noticed that there's a lot of padlocked lockers and drawers that I can't get into. For law enforcers, the cops at this station are quite paranoid about their colleagues and their capacity for petty theft. On that subject:

Spoiler

Has anyone managed to get into Leon's desk drawer yet?