passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fantasy Critic 2024

mmmark

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

I was going to bid on a game but it came up as “port” in red text so I wasn’t sure whether it would let me use it or not.

@wiivo 2.0 - do you know if ports are allowed or not?

Hmmmm I dunno sorry. ☹️ Is it mentioned in faq/help/info? It has its own Reddit sub you could ask in. 

My second bid has come through, put $10 on Cadence of Hyrule, that Zelda x Necrodancer game.

Only 4 of us left with bids to go. I feel better stuff will come along in the next few months, but my list should do alright. I'm betting on Shenmue 3 being turd to see me right. Or not come out on time.

• 1 month later...

Picked my last game, which is the new Call of Duty. I see @Blakey has picked the Kojima nonsense which will surprise no one.

Only @AndyKurosaki left to bid on some games.

I’m confident in my picks, though Spelunky 2 and Goose Game could screw me by not getting released this year.

I think @DifferentClass has the best overall list, very strong picks!

Also, moved this to General as it seemed weird being in off-topic.

Yeah, I was gonna wait until E3 and then probably choose one of the 2019 Ninty games but with DS coming out in 2019 it was an easy pick. Should be an easy 90%+ on OpenCritic, at worst 85%. 

I’ve not got a chance this year anyway thanks to my Sekiro faux pas so it doesn’t really matter what I pick really ?

I'm a little concerned with no Dreams reviews for the early access version counting so I'm worried about that game's general release not being this year.

But I've lately getting a little more confident in TLoU2 as my counter pick since a few signs are pointing to early 2020.

So, now on @wiivo 2.0's pick for Ori & The Will of the Wisps, it says, "will not release".

Doesn't say the same for Dying Light 2 though. Nor Animal Crossing, which it should as it won't be out till March next year.

By my reckoning, there's at least 4 of us that will have games that miss. Still concerned about 2 of mine, but time will tell I guess.

Only @AndyKurosaki left to pick some extra games. I would probably recommend Gears 5 and possibly the new Star Wars if you're struggling.

The games have been updated now that won't come out this year, looks like you don't lose points but also don't gain any. And if that's your counter-pick, you also don't lose or gain any.

• mmmark changed the title to Fantasy Critic 2024