passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fantasy Critic 2024

mmmark

Halo will suck. That was an easy counter pick for me ?

Half Life Alyx will be the best reviewed game that 5 people actually get to play. Elden Ring, well it's from Soft. It will be alright at worst.

The only thing about Cyberpunk that could go either way tbh is does it just get a second delay. How do reviews get aggregated for this anyway? If the current gen version of CP is bad but PC is good?

I did consider it @Nag but from the Beta/Alpha I played I didn’t think it was different enough from the first game and that could hurt it review wise maybe. Ghost of Tsushima was a surer bet for me.

57 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Elden Ring, well it's from Soft. It will be alright at worst.

It’ll be good at worst, From don’t make alright games ? also I almost chose Elden Ring as my counter pick purely because I don’t think it’ll come out this year.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Team Cherry have been teasing characters on Hollow Knight Silksong. Hopefully it’s the start of some kind of PR push before releasing it this year... I need more of my games to have release dates lol.

11 minutes ago, Nag said:

You need any of your games to have a release...?

Crusader Kings 3 and Cris Tales have release dates lol!

I’m expecting Spiritfarer to come out this year.

I’ve heard very little recently about Eastward and Mineko’s Night Market recently so I expect the worst.

I would put Hollow Knight Silksong and Sable at a 50/50 chance of releasing this year.

That’s my deep uninformed analysis.

18 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Team Cherry have been teasing characters on Hollow Knight Silksong. Hopefully it’s the start of some kind of PR push before releasing it this year... I need more of my games to have release dates lol.

Noooooooooo they need to stop teasing. If that game comes out this year my points are gonna be super fucked.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Results are in for this years League competition:

Winner: Me ?

Screenshot (65).png

2nd Place: @mmmark ?

Screenshot (64).png

3rd Place: @Nag ?

Screenshot (64)Nag.png

4th Place: @radiofloyd

Spoiler

Screenshot (65)Radio.png

5th Place: @Nabby9

Spoiler

Screenshot (64)Nabby.png

6th Place: @one-armed dwarf

Spoiler

Screenshot (64)Dwarf.png

It was a close contest between the top 3. If it wasn't for Nag's mistake in choosing F1 2020 as his counter-pick he would've won quite comfortably. As for Mark, if BD2 had come out this year it would've been a photo finish between him and me.

As for the bottom 3. Tommy was hampered by a lot of his choices getting delayed or not releasing this year, if they had he would've been more competitive for sure. Nabby made a bad choice for counter-pick (similar to Nag) in Half-Life Alyx and wasn't really able to recover the score over the rest of the year. Dwarf started off very strong but then didn't end up bidding on any games to bolster his roster, if he had done he would've done very well I feel. 

Just as a disclaimer, the bottom 3 positions may change a little if CB2077 reviews well next week, as it won't affect the top 3 I decided to post this now instead. I will rejig the bottom 3 positions around as/when it happens. 

Thank you very much to everyone who took part and congratulations to the runners up. As I won, I will be giving the prize to second place (Mark). The prize will be a £10 PSN/eShop/XBL gift card of your choosing, DM me to let me know which you'd like.

If you'd like to be a part of next years competition I will post a new league at the beginning of 2021. 

• mmmark changed the title to Fantasy Critic 2024