passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fantasy Critic 2024

mmmark

Just had a look at what everyone has picked so far and saw there were a couple of “counter picks” which I didn’t understand so started reading the guides.

I’m not sure whether @AndyKurosaki or @Bigkopman have understood it or not, but you’re picking games from other people’s drafts that you think will either not review well or may not be released in the year of the draft. So if Doom reviews well, Andy will lose points but @DifferentClass will gain them. If it doesn’t come out within a year of us drafting, or reviews poorly, the opposite is true.

It’s a shame more people haven’t taken part as I think this will be an interesting game to play. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

It’s a shame more people haven’t taken part as I think this will be an interesting game to play. 

Yeah we’re at the annoying part but it will be fun to see how this plays out over the year. 

47 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

I thought we'd be filling up the board.  Would have made a different choice or two if this is it. 

Looks like there’s more to come once counter picks are out of the way.

Bidding:

If you’re familiar with Free Agency Acquisition Budget (FAAB) rules in fantasy football, it works like that. Essentially, any player that is interested in a game will place a secret "bid" for the game, using some of their available budget. Every player starts the year with $100 of budget. Then, on Monday evenings at 8PM Eastern, the system will process those bids. The top bidder for any given game will recieve the game and spend the money that they bid. The other players keep their money but do not get the game.

Sunless Skies currently sitting at 87% on Metacritic. Did anyone listen to me?

By the way how does it work in terms of multi format games? Did you to choose the format too? And does it update itself? It’s saying 84% for Wargroove but Wargroove has a metacritc rating of 86% now.

I think the guy who runs it uses opencritic.com rather than metacritic.

There’s no format option, you just search for a game and pick whatever’s there. The guy who runs it manually adds games to the database, which seems a lot of work.

• mmmark changed the title to Fantasy Critic 2024