passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Lumines Remastered

HandsomeDead

I'm surprised there is no thread for any of these.

I got this a little while ago and just started getting around to it.  I've not really played any of these games before except looking at the Vita one for a few minutes when it was on PS+ so I'm more than a little late to this party.

So its a relatively simple block puzzle game with ties to music.  You make up squares and they disappear... then you get points and you have to last a long time.

Sorry, I'm not very good at the game yet and I don't think I understand it that well.  I've played a few of the missions were it sets up certain situations and you have one move to eliminate all the blocks but I've not been strategically setting anything up yet in the main game; I just whack stuff down vaguely together hoping it will all combo together further down the line.

I do try to time my dropped blocks to get the most down before the music's BPM(?) bar does a scan so I can get the most down and get combos... I think, that's how it works.

I'm having fun with it, anyway.  I'm a bit hot or cold with the music so far to be honest but I'm enjoying the game.  I have no idea how I'm gonna get anywhere near @spatular's score.

yeah this is a cool game! if i have a decent score it's probably more to do with playing for a long time rather than being good at the scoring, in fact that's my main problem with lumines, the games go on for ages, but other than that it's ace. on the scoring front - bigger/more squares is better, fairly obviously, and also there's a multiplier thing if you get rid of at least one square for each sweep of the line you keep the multiplier going... i think. the HD rumble on the switch version is cool, it sort of plays the music through the vibrations or something.

1 hour ago, DifferentClass said:

I kinda joke about the idea of it but this is the first time I've "got" it.

yeah same here.

there's been quite a few versions of lumines they all sort of blend into one for me, mainly different songs i think, maybe some different modes, like that one block one you mentioned...sorry not sure.