passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

mmmark

2 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

How are you getting on with this?

I haven’t played it since, but I haven’t played anything since. ☹️ I’m even working on my birthday ☹️

Maybe later ?

I’m one of those people who doesn’t take their switch to work cus I’m shy and don’t like people pestering me when all I want to do is play and be left alone ?

I hope that answers your question ?

On 31/01/2019 at 15:24, OrangeRKN said:

Has anyone got this on cart? Mine takes a good minute to load with a blank black screen, which makes it seem broken. Not sure if it is a fault or if all of the carts are like that.

I have digi but yeah there’s maybe 20 seconds of black screen before the title screen.

This boss keeps beating me ☹️

91D99EED-8D7B-44BE-9DEC-FFBAA9104736.jpeg

39451DFC-1424-453B-96A1-68F308491534.jpeg

13418D8C-B06F-412D-B835-FB3DE0D9964F.jpeg

Maybe try switching up your skill chips? I find the Heavy chip really useful for bosses as it slows them down so much you can just get free heavy attacks in on them until it dissipates. The chip that causes stun is really useful too (especially as it fans out so aiming isn't an issue, can't remember the name) and again lets you get in free hits. For him I was also using the Shining chip, which while not great damage interrupts the boss mid-attack and then if you hold it gives you a decent amount of time to recharge. All of the damaging skill chips in fact interrupt I believe, I was using the lightning effect one too.

Beat him with SS rank first time B)

And yeah it just seems it has blank black screen loading, which is off-putting but fine.

Do I have anymore than 4? I’m not sure I do. I’ll check later. Idk what you’re meant to look for when there’s a few of him in different poses and hitting the wrong one hurts you? @OrangeRKN

Am I right in thinking you get death balls after reading 3 hours of dialogue or does it change for each?

3 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Do I have anymore than 4? I’m not sure I do. I’ll check later. Idk what you’re meant to look for when there’s a few of him in different poses and hitting the wrong one hurts you? @OrangeRKN

Am I right in thinking you get death balls after reading 3 hours of dialogue or does it change for each?

You might have missed a skill chip or two as there are hidden ones mid-level.

When he splits into multiples, one of them looks different which is the one you should hit. The easy way to do it though is to save your R special and spam that (the full 3 times) to clear through the fakes. You won't get hurt from hitting the wrong one with any ranged attack I don't think, so skills work too.

Travis Strikes Back continues to be a visual novel style thing (so far anyway for me), but it's only the first one that takes a really long time. In fact the next one directly references how long it was and how players want an action game, not a visual novel, so they deliberately skip through it :P

The last one I did also had a cameo from Mondo Zappa (Killer Is Dead) B)