passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Awesome Games Done Quick Thread

HandsomeDead

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not necessarily that into them either, but I think in re4 it's fun cause it forces you to make do with what you can get in a short amount of time. It leads to the creation of some interesting exploration and combat puzzles, like how can I get across this village at nighttime in a minute without stopping to kill everyone, and safely and consistently

What a shit stirrer.

Like, all I know I don't want to do either of those things but at least watching speedruns can be cool.

Maybe someone speedrunning getting all the achievements in a single run could be some kind of marathon run.

Not to be too facetious, I will say I've been watching bits of them as well to figure out stuff that has me stumped. The run from the village night up to just before the chief boss fight is what I'm on atm. The chapter 5 cabin is very volatile to just rush to with lower supplies. I counted down the clock on it last night and felt pretty pleased, until I got my guts liberated shortly thereafter by a chainsaw in the canyon

There's tricks they do where if they time it a certain way they can just run up on an enemy AI in a part of its patrol routine and just do a quick knife fatality, and sprint past the rest and toss a flash grenade. Flashes are the MVP of playing the game this way. The randomness of things like erupting plagas really makes things difficult tho, cause you want to quickly stun enemies to get out of the way but not necessarily kick them to the ground only to have 3 wriggling squids whipping Ashley around. Run up behind dark souls stabs are the other MVP of avoiding this

The times people have are intimidating, tho for that one och posted he's not going for S+ cause he's saving a lot. The difficulty is in doing these intense 30-40 minute marathons by the seat of your pants with no saves in between, trying to make room quickly in your suitcase for a fish while not throwing away things you actually need.

I feel like doing this on a controller would be hell, you need a mouse imo. Or a custom controller maybe

Here's one I checked out. Far slower than Och's but it actually sticks to the 15 save limit

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this the other day and it's amazing

The lad is playing Sonic games at the same time, and every time he picks up a ring it swaps randomly between them. It's a little hard to watch at first but it gets pretty funny as it goes on

On 05/04/2023 at 11:56, one-armed dwarf said:

tho for that one och posted he's not going for S+ cause he's saving a lot.

Far slower than Och's but it actually sticks to the 15 save limit

He got faster!

• 10 months later...