passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

DisturbedSwan

Falcom announced a new Ys title today.

Falcom announced a brand-new title in the Ys series with Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, and it is being developed for PlayStation 4 and a 2019 release window in Japan.

The game is set in Barduke, located in the northeastern part of Esteria in the Gllia Erdlingen region in a giant city called the “Prison City,” where we’ll encounter the likes of the “Monstrum,” individuals who possess super powers, with whom you’ll uncover mysteries hidden in the prison in the start of a new adventure.

The game comes with everything that the Ys series is known for, from intense fights against giant bosses, to the various skill attacks, free dashes, and jumps we’ve seen in its speedy action.

There will also be new elements involving Ys IX’s setting including the “Supernatural Action” of the Monstrum that can be used while exploring the field, the “Guild Management” feature in the Prison City,” and more.

Who are the “Monstrum” that appeared in the city? What secrets are lurking within the Prison City? And what about the red haired adventurer Adol Cristin?

Here’s a look at its first screenshots:

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/18/ys-ix-monstrum-nox-announced-for-playstation-4-releases-in-japan-in-2019/#l3e6yqkZCjfI03Rd.99

Spoiler

3DFC3A6A-5EC0-44F3-9BCE-0FF11E9576CB.jpeg50188445-9FB1-4CAE-B0EB-3BBCCBDD31BC.jpeg3C8F3D49-35BB-479B-8AE4-78AD9808ED9D.jpeg

EF5B7EC2-4591-4605-BABA-D63FE16E8330.jpeg

447021CB-F19D-42BE-837E-A4C538EB7E47.jpeg

29D327F6-4EB9-4F39-9950-A8D25E1B4DBB.jpeg

@Maf If you were interested in Ys 8 I'd say get it on PS4 or PC, at least it runs properly there. The Switch version doesn't get anything like the amount of shit it should for the quality of the port

I'm not sure if it's out on PS4, it is on Vita but realistically no one is buying themselves a vita game at this point, Memories of Celceta is great. They're action-rpgs, hyper-fast, bullet time for dodging attacks, and you have to match the party member to the damage type by quick switching. There's spells and skills that recharge quickly as you attack

Ys 8 though gets in its own way, it gates progress all the time, then drags you back to the hub for dull story stuff. It's a slow game compared to the others I've played

@Nag rhymes with piece

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Listen I know you shouldn’t judge a game by it’s screenshot but that game looks like shit. I’ll check out the new one, see if it’s cool

I thought exactly the same before I played it but was spurred on with all the positive comments about it everywhere - and the fact it was a decent sized JRPG on the Switch - and it is an absolutely phenomenal game, you'll only know that if you play it though. Don't judge a book by its cover etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...