passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Earth Defense Force 5

Sly Reflex

To give context to the above - one of the final missions on hard was nuts. The game literally threw everything at us at once. The moment of my first death I couldn't actually see as there as there were so many enemies/fire/acid/wasp stingers on my screen. Me, @regemond and the grossly under-levelled random on out team died the moment the tadpoles swarmed. Sly, somehow managed to fly around the map for 20 minutes with around 200 enemies in tow - including a King and Queen (giant spider/ant about four times the size of a multi-story car park) and take out the anchors (enemy spawns).

Pretty sure he'll be reminding us of this accomplishment for years to come though.

Can't wait to try this mission on inferno. I can only assume someone from D3/Sandlot breaks into your house and assaults you as you play.

15 minutes ago, regemond said:

Yeah, it was a pretty easy mission for me and @Whiskey_chaser. We just stayed down and let @Sly Reflex do all the work. Feel like I added a little value in the mission or two after it. Was starting to worry that it's a little above my skillset, rather than I'm just under-leveled (which I definitely am tbf).

You'll be alright - I think we'll just need to co-ordinate our load outs going forward. My sniper/shotgun combo has done me well so far, but i'm starting to struggle with large numbers of enemies. Only issues is it's a great combo for dealing with greys. Take gun arm out with the sniper then run in and shotgun them in the face repeatedly.

Yeah I think I might need to get at least proficient in at least one other class too. Si can cover pretty much all when needed but mains Fencer (it is Fencer, right?). Might be an idea for me to skill up in Wing Diver and you cover Air Raider? At least that way we'll always have a situation where every eventuality can be exploited, even if we're most comfortable with Ranger.

Just now, regemond said:

Yeah I think I might need to get at least proficient in at least one other class too. Si can cover pretty much all when needed but mains Fencer (it is Fencer, right?). Might be an idea for me to skill up in Wing Diver and you cover Air Raider? At least that way we'll always have a situation where every eventuality can be exploited, even if we're most comfortable with Ranger.

Yeah, I'm happy to go Air Raider. Can't promise I won't nuke everyone though.

I took the Russian approach. There was more enemies than friendlies on that turf so they got bombed.

Also you two learned a big lesson last night. Ranger can't do everything and there's going to be times where you're going to have to rely on a squadmate with a different class to tow the line. @Whiskey_chaser said last night that when we did it it was easy because we had a good Air Raider. I am not a good Air Raider, but to keep the mission in check killing all the smaller adds while dropping bombs on the anchors made it easy. Except as an Air Raider I couldn't defend myself while I was doing that, so had to have Rangers up front to cover me while I was on cool downs.

This is why I've been saying pick something long ranged while I've been on Fencer. Fencer does have some longer ranged stuff, but it locks you in place while you shoot it and also has bullet drop.  There's no way I could have soloed that one with the five anchors that have the mega tall ones because as soon as I take my eyes off the ground I'm going to get rolled by woodlouse.

We're getting to the point now where we need to have a plan, we can't just go in and shoot the place up. Covering each others weaknesses and allowing us each to do the job we'e planned to do is going to have to be mandatory as we go further into the game.

I've been playing through the first bunch of missions on hard with the Air Raider and it's been pretty fun experimenting with the different weapon types. Ran through a few missions with pretty good Wing Diver last night and we tore through stuff. The Spitefall, Auto Cannons and a limpit gun seem to be a force to be reckoned with so far.

Just use limpets underground, there's better options for when the sky is visible. Turrets are always a good shout as they reload automatically.

Air Raider is really fun, I wish I was better at him though, I constantly make mistakes, I think you need a very specific mindset to get really good at him.

That mission where it unexpected dropped about 20 golds and the all 4 of us were using the heads up alert was mad. Warning pings going off for a solid 90 seconds or more while we dealt with them and the revives that needed to happen to pull through.

Played a bit tonight because I saw someone was on and there was no Division 2 party open. Just 6% away from that sweet no limits, but the sights I've seen tonight. Some missions are twice as long because of additions and they do not fuck around. I found a silver spider dropship as well, so that's going to be handy for armour farming for you if you don't end up getting the DLC. The downside is you're going to have to farm on hardest, and fuck me what a cunt of a mission it is. Someone was dropping Phobos over and over and we were still getting over run. Jesus wept, how hard is that going to be on Inferno? We barely held onto it on hardest... :unsure: