passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Hendo

I'm only good with Kirby @Maf I've mainly been playing WoL but I did have a few games last weekend with @wiivo 2.0 @DANGERMAN and @Hendo I'll probably be on mid-afternoon, early evening Saturday and Sunday on WoL but I will join in some Versus games if folks are playing, best to check here or Discord to see if folks are online and up for games. Discord link here             

Got to work this morning my first day back since my holiday & found this was sat on my desk. Completely forgot I'd pre ordered it, nearly picked it up while I was away as well. I'll be on later if people are around, although I am terrible at all Smash Brothers games. 

So I started this tonight and had a little go and it is awesome. I only played through Classic mode a few times with some of the originals. Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Pikachu. Then did the Century Smash mini game which is way, way easier than it used to be. 

Unlocked some cool characters as well. Ness, Inkling, King K Rool. Haven’t tried any of the new ones yet. Really I haven’t played a Smash game since Brawl on the Wii. Because on the Wii U all the characters were unlocked from the start and for me that’s what progress in fighting games really is. It’s unlocking stuff. So when they just give it all out it’s like well, what’s the point?

But this is really great. It’s got some really crazy inclusions as well. Like I beat Classic Mode with Pikachu and then unlocked cards. The first one was Zant, then Meryl Silverburgh, then some gambling dude from god knows where. And I was just looking at it like this is so weird. 

The game looks great, too. Playing as Samus in the Fusion Suit shooting a full charge beam at Ridley? I had forgotten some of the pure joy this game can provide with just it’s fan service. Or at least I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it’s fan service. 

Anyway, I’ll probably be playing this tomorrow evening if anyone wants to get beat down. My FC is SW-3813-4467-3796

Tried playing this online this morning and it was awful. I won a team game, technically won a 1 v 1 game, then lost a 1 v 1 game, then came Dead last in a 4 player free for all but in all the games the connection was dodgy, but in the last one it was down right unplayable. Just constant hitching and lag for days. 

I don’t know. I don’t know if this is the game or people with bad internet connections but 1) I’m not as good at this as I remember and 2) I don’t think I want to go near it again while it’s in this state. Losing is bad, losing when you can’t even tell what’s happening is just frustrating. 

People have said the online for this is rubbish.

I bought this. But not for me, I got that smash switch for my brother.

He's autistic and finds a lot of basic life stuff overwhelming but he's a big smash fan and he's been helping me out a lot while I'm recovering (even thought him how to make my morning coffee just right) so he deserves something nice this year

I still think Smash is a load of donkey poo tho.

Spent the afternoon with 5 real life people playing 6 player local smash and it was fucking excellent. The same dudes I used to play Melee on the Cube with and a couple newbies. It was chaotic but brilliant. I’d forgotten how fucking good local Smash is. Genuinely one of the best times I’ve had in a game for a long time.

Not sure yet who I’m maining, I have got back in to Fox but I’m a dabbler, I play Nes, Peach, Bowser and Simon as well. 

Unlocked Ken, he’s a load of fun to play as!

The new patch is meant to make unlock matches less aggressive and I was gonna say it’s definitely better but then I just got smacked down by Wolf.

I’m up to 46 characters now, not counting the Mii fighters so there’s a good variety to come up in random match ups.

I’m using the GC pad, too. I think DF said it has the worst input lag of all controls, which would make sense. And personally the stick hurts my thumb a little bit. And it’s dumb they didn’t put a home button on it.

But it’s still a fun way to do it and feels right if you have the nostalgia for it