passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Hendo

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Ben was beasting us with Little Mac. Him and the Donkey Kong lizard thing seem really powerful.

With Little Mac, what do you do when “KO” is flashing?

I think it's just B, it's then super powered (you might need to hold it down, can't remember)

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ben was beasting us with Little Mac. Him and the Donkey Kong lizard thing seem really powerful.

With Little Mac, what do you do when “KO” is flashing?

Yeah what I used of him on the previous Smash he had heavy hitting potential and some good lunge attacks. My kind of player ? Good to hear he was effective.

Unless you were rubbish ?

5 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Anyone else finding some of the Spirit stages weirdly hard? 

The Spirit Stages in WoL?

Yeah some of them are insanely difficult. I've got quite a few Level 95-99 3 star fighter spirits with a whole host of great support spirits and I've given up on quite a few of them, some of the harder ones are incredibly satisfying when you do crack them though.

I didn't realize the combat in this game was so deep. I was of the understanding that games like Street fighter were 'fighting games' and Smash was the uncouth sibling, slightly despised for his unnaccountable popularity.

From what I've seen after a couple of days, that notion is way off the mark. I can't remember half the things I'm meant to be doing to win at this.

Consequently I'm just using one character, Samus, and trying to develop some knowledge and strategy. Hard work though. 

Smash had a good presence in the fighting scene early on I think. I watched a tournament documentary on it @Middle_Class_Hero recommended once. 

I think Nintendo did something to the combat, not sure what, but it basically killed it in the pro scene. Made it neutral friendly like. 

Not sure what its status is these days. Maybe our resident 'fighter' @DifferentClass knows more ?

I do look forward to engaging more with this tho ?

I remember that Smash fans were very unhappy with the Wii version as they added in random trips to essentially stop it from being seen as a serious competitive game. One of the reasons why Melee is the favoured version in fighting tournaments.

There is a lot of depth in the fighting. One example is that spamming the same attack gives diminished results.

The main thing I struggle with (and have always struggled with) is keeping track of where I am when it’s more than a one on one.

I’m also still trying to figure out how to tell the difference between a real Smash ball and the fake one.

I’ve just finished Wii Fit Trainer’s Classic run and she (or he if you prefer) is a really good fighter. I remember on the last one everyone was surprised at how good the seemingly novelty character is.

From what I understand, the Smash community hated Brawl mainly due to it being far slower to play than Melee, it also had a balance issue in that Metaknight was by far and away the best character.

Not that up on the Smash pro scene, so I could be wrong.

Think WiiU Smash has a lot of tournament presence. Melee (incredibly) still has a vibrant scene as well and is still a featured game at Evo. Not bad for a game which is 17 years old and never intended to be a serious, competitive fighter.