passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Hendo

Good fights earlier!

I ended up manually changing the stages because me and Ben both hate the Donkey Kong (original old school one) stage, and didn't see an option to get rid of it.

Turns out when setting the room up you can create custom rules where you can change all sorts of stuff, including taking any stages you don't like out of rotation.

I managed to put a few hours in on the coach last night and whilst taking a shit this morning.

My first beef was right after the title sequence, the announcer didn’t shout “Super Smash Brothers Ultimate”! That was so great in a Melee, bring that back.

Secondly, is it me not finding it or is there no tutorial? I was a bit rusty and that would of been handy.

Lastly, Classic mode should be front and centre, not hidden away in “Games and More”.

Those aside I’m having the most fun since Melee. I’m addicted as hell to Classic Mode, finished with Link on 6.9 intesity which was actually easy until the chesty boss. Just lost to K Rool which is a bit gutting (I fell in to water) but I’m sure he’ll be back once I turn the volume up in the options or something.

Unlock path for the characters..

Spoiler

CE1D4808-6E4F-49AB-B4F6-345E2513C3FE.jpeg

This game doesn’t explain anything. I’m doing better since I swapped jump to B bit only marginally. I didn’t feel worthy of any of my online wins earlier ☹️ For the sudden death I had I didn’t known how to drop down levels and pressed down and jump at the same time ?

Been hammering this pretty hard pretty much all of today.

Had some good games with Hendo, Mark and Ben. Definitely got a lot to learn that's for sure! I was mostly just doing random characters to try to get a feel for some other heroes that aren't Kirby but I didn't really get on with too many of them, maybe just Captain Falco and Shiek I think, possibly Bowser too. I only have a roster of 26 so far though so I've got a very long way to go, hopefully I find some more that I get on with as time goes by. 

Been playing a lot of World of Light and can't really get it out my head. I just find it so damn addictive, just discovering new characters somewhere in the world and unlocking them is a buzz but I've been wandering down paths just to see if I can unlock the fog of war covering an area and find out what's there, the exploration side of things is just so damn compelling and something I didn't expect to be as much of a draw to me as it is. I just keep getting absolutely flabbergasted by the depth of it, I went into the light portal earlier expecting it to be some kind of mini-boss and there was a whole dungeon in there complete with little puzzles and stuff, it is just absolutely insane the amount of time and effort that has been put into it. 

The world is just so damn compelling to wander around and explore, sure you're still just fighting one enemy after another whilst wandering the map and it can get a little repetitive and times but there's just something to it that makes you want to go on to the next fight and then the next fight after that until you get drawn over to exploring a whole new area, it is just magnificent. I think there's only been a handful of fights that have given me major hassle and now I've got a fighter/spirit team up to 11,000 rank there isn't too much on the map that gives me hassle anymore which is good, I'm just enjoying indulging my curiosity and exploring what's behind the various nooks and crannies.

I’m pretty in to this. Been thinking about it when I’m not playing.

I’m finding unlocking the characters in Classic Smash very addictive, really enjoying trying out everybody’s different moves.

Absolutely wanked all over Gannon and his final form with Zelda earlier, she’s a beast at getting quick knock outs. I use her for every New Challenger’ battle now, her Forward and A move is cheap but effective.

60A80CB1-A8BC-464E-A1D3-B364777B67FD.jpeg