passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Psychonauts 2

radiofloyd

Looking at how the machines measure up it's clear that Playstation is getting a seriously gimped version... it's weird that something like HDR is exclusive to the Series consoles.

WellPlayed: Psychonauts 2’s Console Performance And Resolutions Revealed, With Series X Taking The Lead

Platform Max Res Max FPS HDR VRR Specifics
Xbox One 1920 x 1080 30 No No  
Xbox One X 3840 x 2160 30 No No  
Xbox Series S 2880 x 1620 60, 120* Yes Yes *1080p at 120Hz
Xbox Series X 3840 x 2160 60, 120* Yes Yes *1440p at 120Hz
PS4 Base 1920 x 1080 30 No No  
PS4 Pro 2560 x 1440 30 No No  
PS5* 2560 x 1440 60 No No *PS4 version running via backwards compatibility
Windows Unlimited Unlimited No Yes

weird that the old consoles aren't getting HDR, I don't get why that would be excluded. I have a memory of the Series consoles doing auto-HDR, so maybe it's not in the game code at all. It's not like Double Fine games are technical marvels

15 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

Series consoles doing auto-HDR, so maybe it's not in the game code at all.

Wouldn't that mean that, technically, the game wouldn't have HDR to advertise? I can't believe this even needs to be thought about, so odd.?

10 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Really looking forward to this despite not getting very far into the OG game, do I need to play the first game? I'm guessing the answer is yes.

I wouldn't have thought so. The first game was an overall introduction to the world of Psychonauts. The trailer indicated a brand new story. Plus, with the gap between the original and this one being such as it is. There will likely be an in-game primer to catch up new players. Not that I wouldn't highly recommend playing the first one anyway. The Milkman stage, for example, is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...