passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Psychonauts 2

radiofloyd

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent video, I love their transparency. The behind the scenes series about Broken Age that you got if you were a backer was eye-opening for me back then. It's so unusual to see all this from the other side of the table and I hope Microsoft won't shut that aspect off.

• 1 year later...

Actually this game looked pretty great as well. It didn’t look very ‘next gen’* but had enough fun, personality and craziness going on to get me interested. I never played the first one, I would definitely play this, though. 

*(I could see potential for Ratchet and Clank PS5 style warping, there was a moment that looked like it was doing something like that)

• 10 months later...

They showed a bit more here at 16:41: 

I think some areas look surprisingly good, considering this started out as a last-gen kickstarted indie game. It's no Ratchet of course but more clean and detailed than I thought it'd be. I only skipped through though, didn't want to see too much of it.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if some kind've preview embargo ended today but this seems to have blown up on Twitter... with genuine talk of GotY status.

I never played the original but it's been said this is still an easy enough jumping on point... I'll be giving it a try on Game Pass.

36 minutes ago, Nag said:

Why?... it's on PlayStation too @OCH

Oh I see. I just was reading the comments above before I watched the video. Now I've looked into it further. There's a PS4 release also! A bit weird for a new game to be released on the newest Xbox and older Playstation??

12 hours ago, OCH said:

Oh I see. I just was reading the comments above before I watched the video. Now I've looked into it further. There's a PS4 release also! A bit weird for a new game to be released on the newest Xbox and older Playstation??

Unfortunately I think people were posing questions without then looking it up, and guessing the answers.

As far as I'm aware it was slated for Xbox One, PC and PS4. I think the Series X/S version was probably funded by MS after the acquisition.

I'm really looking forward to it now the game is almost here. I liked the first one a lot, it was really fun and imaginative.