passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mortal Kombat 11

DisturbedSwan

Just looked at the Original linked article and was a bit concerned to start with, I have taken probably a slightly lopsided personal ban on games that feature recurrent spending / loot drops, or titles made by Activision  / Ubi / EA. 

I know these arent the only big bads out there, but they seem to be among the worst offenders, 

Going back to MK11 though I dont know if I would have ordered at launch if had known of this, but that being said, I'm an anti social offline gamer, I'm likely to play the story and some couch play here and there so as long as Characters are not locked hopefully I will be happy with whatever little unlocks naturally and possibly DLC characters (price dependant)

I do think there should be more of an obligation on devs parts to show what (purchased content on disc is locked, and the odds to get it)

I remember people complaining about having to play early Tekken game arcade modes 10 / 11 times to unlock all characters, seems positively laughable now.

I'm sure the situation is not a popular one at Netherealm - I'd be surprised if this was their idea, given WB's history with this kind of thing recently.

I was gonna buy it on digital the other day, but I think I'll wait now to see what the reviews and early adopting guinea pigs make of it. I might just boot up MK XL again.

I haven't really played a modern fighting game properly since my PS3 died, so most of this is completely over my head.

Yet I remember a friend of mine, confessed Star Wars geek, bought Yoda (after a long wait) for Soul Calibur 4 on PS3, for £4.99 I think it was. It is hard to say if they (the SW guys) were all built at the same time as the base game roster, then cut out and locked behind console exclusive pay walls? As to me, the Star Wars people never felt like a natural inclusion, so much as a SW game pitch by Namco. Albeit, Yoda certainly played like he was in a different game entirely.

My copy got posted on 18th but still not arrived ?. Gutted! Have to wait 14 days before I can do anything about it too. Mega annoying. After all this news about the grinding issue I may get a refund instead of another copy it if it doesn’t arrive now though and buy it when it’s significantly cheaper and/or fixed. 

22 minutes ago, mfnick said:

My copy got posted on 18th but still not arrived ?. Gutted! Have to wait 14 days before I can do anything about it too. Mega annoying. After all this news about the grinding issue I may get a refund instead of another copy it if it doesn’t arrive now though and buy it when it’s significantly cheaper and/or fixed. 

After hearing nothing from ShopTo, I decided to do some checking... they are giving a release date of May 10th?

That can't be right...

EDIT: Yup, suddenly the Switch release date of MK 11 has shifted to roughly three weeks later. With zero explanation... Wonderful

Fucksake, I hate in game transactions. Ruining so many of the games I like :( 

Guess I’ll just see if my copy arrives or not. That’s made my mind up if it doesn’t arrive though, I’ll get a refund instead. 

Thats strange regarding th Switch release too, wonder why? 

It’s a damn shame. Made even more insane by just how grindy and random it actually is.

They could end up eventually sorting it out,like when they took the micro transactions out of Shadow Of War. But that shit shouldn’t be in the game as it is. 

Only reason i’ll play MK11 is for the campaign. The Towers,and Krypt can just fuck right off.