RikSP

The JRPG Thread

In no particular order 

Shining Force 3

Panzer Dragoon Saga 

Dragon Quest V

Witcher 3

The World Ends With You 

I'm probably missing something I loved, and you could definitely put Chrono Trigger in there 

There's another famous Saturn rpg, I think it's called Dragon something too, I've never played it. It's crazy expensive but it's apparently brilliant. Grandia still holds up, the Super Robot Wars games are decent, and there's a game called Wachenroder that I really want to get back to, what I played was cool 

Grandia 2 is one of my all time favourite games. I can't wait for the Switch port. 

There are five RPGs in my top ten (Dark Souls, DQ VIII, Fallout 3, FF VIII & IX) but you could make a case for several other games. I haven’t played The Witcher 3 or Bloodborne, I’m planning to fix that soon. They might make my top five. 

I could easily pick FF VI through to X.

Being so unimpressed with DQ XI recently has probably made DQ VIII’s position in my list a bit more shaky, but I did love that game at the time.

I could include Pokémon Red, which I’m surprised I didn’t really. I could include Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the original Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With You...

I feel like Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 deserve a shout as well, although they probably wouldn’t make it into my top five. I also haven’t played Pillars of Eternity or Divinity OS 2. The first Original Sin was fantastic.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Fallout 3

Skyrim

Mass effect

The last story

My list is impeded by being a gamer only for the last 10 years or so. Plus, I expect it to change as more classic Jrpgs find there way to the Switch. I could never really get on with the genre on home consoles (except for something short like The last Story), but, handheld I love it.

I could also give a shout to Ys 8, Bravely default, oblivion and Witcher 2.

Fallout 3,

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Persona 4 Golden

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Final Fantasy XV

26 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Persona 3

Final Fantasy VII

Xenoblade Chronicles

Golden Sun

Skies of Arcadia

3 over 4? Interesting. Which version of 3? 

@Dwarf Your list is shit, predictable and uninspired. Don’t make anymore lists. You need practice