passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 3

Sly Reflex

5 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

No free to play. No microtransactions. That's from Pitchford's mouth so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

It's looking decent enough, they've really thrown everything and the kitchen sink in. Lots of quality of life stuff as well that you'd expect of a FPS now.

And sure enough he's currently having a fit on twitter because it turns out there are micro transactions in the form of cosmetics and Game Informer called him on it. 

I'm willing to believe that he wasn't trying to con people as such, more that he wanted the open goal of "no microtransactions" and thought everyone would take that to mean premium currency and loot boxes rather than cosmetics. 

And lets face it, it's going to be launch before we find out for sure what they're doing with the crate keys they used to give away 

As soon as I saw the New-U station and saw there were emotes and stuff I knew that they'd be MTX, not that they made a huge thing out of it in the stream, it just looked, y'know, open for abuse with that sort of stuff. When he did the whole no MTX bit I thought, "Oh, maybe those things drop as loot as you play". Maybe some of them still do, like a fair few of the heads did? We won't know until the game finally drops.

Really it depends on the severity of how deep these MTX cut. I'm not happy they're there but if they're like the alt colours and heads they sold in the previous games then it's not much to really complain about. Sure they should just be drops in the game, but they're like a quid a pop or something, you can generally get them all for a tenner if that sort of stuff really does bother you. If it's deeper rooted and follows other games down that dark path, then people are likely to get pissed off.

I'd be astonished if they ever sold Golden Keys, the loot out of them is never that amazing, it's more a thing that they're getting you to follow the Borderlands twitter and other mouth pieces so they can advertise to you in an unassuming way that's still blatantly advertising.

Talking about loot, apparently you can get loot if you install the echo thing that goes through Twitch. You can look at the person streaming's build and whatnot. You can even get loot from it, but to me it looks like an extra bit of junk that browses cookies and all that jazz. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice idea at heart, but I bet you don't have to scrape that far to find something a bit skeevy.

I love how Sly screams from his soap box about how MTX’s are the worst thing ever etc etc until they’re in a game he’s excited for then it’s all “Ah they’re not too bad”. 

The cosmetic stuff in Borderlands 2 was particularly pointless as that stuff goes, and there was a ton of it to buy.

I think you had to go to the store page to buy it in Steam? It's been a while. It does feel less intrusive to have it presented that way than a big push to buy shit in the game interface.  

2 hours ago, RikSP said:

I love how Sly screams from his soap box about how MTX’s are the worst thing ever etc etc until they’re in a game he’s excited for then it’s all “Ah they’re not too bad”. 

Oh Minxos, never change.

On 14/02/2018 at 03:25, Sly Reflex said:

But sure, accept it because it's "only cosmetic".

On 06/02/2019 at 18:49, Sly Reflex said:

All together now.

It'S jUsT cOsMeTiC!

On 12/12/2017 at 17:32, Sly Reflex said:

This is what I said, we've been conditioned to think cosmetic is alright.

Now he’s got skin in the game he’s finally realised cosmetic MTX don’t fucking matter ???

1 hour ago, ThreeFour said:

@Maryokutai Don't, you'll be carrying his ass ?

Is it me or does it look crisper? The movement and gunplay looks better than what I remember. Which is cool. 

@Maryokutai He’s just jealous he isn’t qualified to be part of our gun crew. Gun crew 4 life! Just like our tattoos say! 

5 hours ago, RikSP said:

Nope. Go read what I said. In fact I'll quote it for you for ease of flow.

15 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Really it depends on the severity of how deep these MTX cut. I'm not happy they're there but if they're like the alt colours and heads they sold in the previous games then it's not much to really complain about. Sure they should just be drops in the game, but they're like a quid a pop or something, you can generally get them all for a tenner if that sort of stuff really does bother you. If it's deeper rooted and follows other games down that dark path, then people are likely to get pissed off.

I'm not happy they're there but it could have been a lot worse. Or it might be a lot worse, we don't really know yet. They could have really fucked it, they might have really fucked it. That's one of my main concerns about the game.

2 hours ago, Blakey said:

Now he’s got skin in the game he’s finally realised cosmetic MTX don’t fucking matter ???

They do matter though. Just because they're in a game I'm really looking forward to doesn't mean I'm going to give them a free ride. I am saying that if they are like they are in BL2, where it's just variations of colours and a few heads, then whatever. They really should be just part of the lootpool, but for what they are they're a tiny proportion of the customisation, the rest of it being in game for you to unlock as rewards. Do I like it? No. Will I defend it? No. Will I be partaking in it? No. If they've gone properly balls deep on it like every fucking game in the last 3 or 4 years, then we're going to have problem.

• 3 weeks later...