passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 3

Sly Reflex

Guns with legs? We got you, boo.

So much going on in that trailer. I like the nod back to the 2 reveal with the fist bump between the Sirens. Also Rhys has a moustache! 

It's been a long time coming and they still might fuck it up, but I'm impressed with the trailer at least.

7 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

What happened?

I came in while they were showing the table top game, which seemed fine.

They then showed a UHD patch video showing off the Handsome Collection and Borderlands 1 and it was a jittery mess. I thought it was my connection but then you could hear the audience going nuts about it. Video finishes and you could hear Randy talking to people off-stage about how messed up it was. After what seemed like forever, he came back onstage and said, "shall we play it again? Sorry you guys!"

Video plays again and is the same, if not worse.

After a lot of time-killing on stage, they announce B3 with Randy showing off a custom made t-shirt showing "3" on the back. Video rolls out and is yet again a big jittery mess.

Video finishes and Randy tells the audience that he's assured they've fixed it and let's play it again!

Actually even worse this time.

He says something that I can't quite remember directed at the tech people and the audience goes "ohhhhhhh!" and he tries to backtrack saying how hard everyone is working.

Then video plays again and it's fine.

14 hours ago, Hendo said:

Skip forward about 45 minutes in for the start.

Randy Pitchford is such an oily repulsive prick. Ugh, oh god. he's doing his shitty magic.

I liked the trailer though, it captures the character of the other games pretty well.

Good to finally have something to see. No release date but at least it's here. 

Unmistakably Borderlands; which is a good thing. Warms my cockles to know I've got this to look forward to ? hopefully it's a summer release so I can fully gorge ?

I cant tell from the trailer. Need more details to be released really, in theory im definitely up for a 3rd installment but it has to be significantly improved over the last one. They should be pushing things forward with the platform they have, I dont want more of Borderlands 2.

I've boycotted all Gearbox titles since Aliens: Colonial Marines and I think Pitchford is a conniving manipulative deceitful little cunt.

So I've mixed feelings on this really, pleased for all the BL fans that they've finally got their 3rd proper title in the series but I'm not sure whether I'm finally ready to break my vow or not. If I do play it it'll be on PC.

similar. On one hand, I liked the first game, and I liked the 2nd one initially, but the humour and characters were awful (not all the characters tbf), this looks like it's more of the same on that front, I'm not sure I want that again. I'm not sure I want the same uninspiring shooting either, but that's the area I could see them fixing and making a good game

Ultimately though it's still Gearbox, they aren't great