passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 3

Sly Reflex

Return to the award winning shooter-looter for a new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault's map has been stolen and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. Fight new bosses, explore new zones, get new loot (including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary) and join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on ruling the planet

Returning players can pursue an increased level cap of 80, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action.

Apparently it was up as free on steam. I don't know about other platforms. I presume it'll be one of those things where they announce the game at E3 and then say the DLC is up right now to get people back into it.

Probably. Don't be menu diving loads though. Treat the loot like the disposable shit it is until you reach max, if we reach max.

Be a case of after Division 2 isn't being interesting for me to start it though. Maybe got another week or so before I start playing other stuff around that.

Some Moze gameplay which will probably be interesting to @regemond

https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/06/09/borderlands-3-moze-the-gunner-gameplay-and-new-world-demo-e3-2019?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Had to laugh at the "This is fine" and the "My fight money" challenges. They probably had to wait several years just to have enough pop culture references to cram into it.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Nag said:

Why is there always one review that seems massively out of sync with all the others?

It's stuck in the late '00s, when surface level vulgarity was enough to qualify as edgy—Borderlands 3 is seriously obsessed with turds—and when the series was first conceived. It's stuck in a time when memes lasted months rather than days, when referential humor was still a novelty and not exhausting, when you could point at something the slightest bit abnormal or gross and call it a joke. Simpler times, not necessarily better times.

Our distance from the era Borderlands 3 evokes makes it feel like a retro shooter rather than alive and present in modern humor and pop culture. It's simultaneously repulsive and compulsive, an FPS RPG that excels when its weapon generation system spits out guns that feels great to shoot, adorned with broken attributes capable of turning hordes of goons, bugs, and soldiers into clouds of red mist, elemental particles, explosions, and big damage numbers. 

Then it tells one of its many long, bad jokes and the cloud dissipates. I have horrific whiplash. 

With Borderlands 3, a few things have changed, but to little effect. It's still a Diablo-like masquerading as a shooter, now with new traversal moves, gorgeous gun models, and improved weapon feedback. But Gearbox has done little to build on the Borderlands formula, while chucking the pitch perfect writing of Tales from the Borderlands in the bin. It's the best and the worst of the series at once.

to be fair, the review isn't that negative all the way through, it actually sounds like they quite like it

Got a copy of this coming on Friday on Xbox. I haven’t paid too much attention but what I gather is most of people’s problems come from the writing and talking. Which is a valid critism but then again who plays these games with the sound on or reads anything it says.

I can totally understand the criticism about the humor. The jokes in B1 and B2 never really were my cup of tea either and it's the reason why I didn't even bother with Rage 2 because that looks like the same thing. It's overdone, it's old, it's not funny anymore (or ever was). I guess people play Borderlands for the gameplay-loop but a good script would elevate the series to a bit more than whatever "a bazillion guns" stuff the PR team seems to be recycling since the first game.