passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee!

DisturbedSwan

I’m probably on my own on this but for anyone who might be interested Pokeaim recently started his Uber’s Road to Top 10 in USUMO. 

Ubers is basically code for all legendaries except Mega Rayquaza 

Wow. Yesterday I got a shiny Pidgey and today I got a shiny Sandshrew. I don’t even have the shiny charm yet, but when I do I can’t imagine how much easier this will get.

So I always thought it was weird that Ho-oh was Fire/Flying and Lugia was Psychic/Flying. Especially because Lugia is located in Whirlpool Islands. Why is it not Water/Flying?

At first I thought they were trying to sidestep something really obvious and not give one a distinct advantage over the other but then I realised that the moon Pokemon Lunala is a Psychic/Ghost type.

Then I realised that that the half moon looking Lunartone is also Psychic/Rock

Then I realised that Oranguru is exclusive to Pokemon Moon and is Psychic/Normal

And then I thought, but, Lugia is supposed to be the Guardian of the Sea and is even shown being underwater in the title screen of Silver (Or Soul Silver?) But then I was like, oh, wait, what controls the sea? THE FUCKING MOON

Basically, I’m trying to say that in Pokemon the moon is Psychic or has something to do with Psychic Pokemon.

And I know what you will say “But maf what about Umbreon, how come Clefairy, why are none of the Pokemon that evolve via Moon Stone Psychic Pokemon?” 

Listen, I think we can all agree that the common theme here is I should go to sleep. But I have stumbled upon a revelation. I have wasted years of my life trying to become a Pokemon Master, instead I should have been trying to be a Pokemon Professor! I will be the next Professor Oak! And I will make a billion dollars!

One of my big gaming curiosities is Pokemon Green. If there was a way to tell if it was a legit version on EBay I’d probably buy one, I think. Because I love those gen one games and have always wondered why it never came out over here. I’m sure the reason is well known and I just haven’t researched it properly, but I do wonder if it has something to do with the sprite work in that version. Granted, some of the sprite work in Red and Blue is also horrendous, but if you look below I think you can see that largely Green was even worse.

pokemon_green___red_blue_comparison_spri

There’s probably a lot more to it than that. Because I’m sure it would have been cheaper just to put the same data from Pokemon Blue in a Green cartridge and box and release it worldwide instead of having to make a whole new version. But I also feel like this is part of the reason because this looks terrible. 

Man, I wish I owned this game

I really don't think the sprite work is considerably worse than in Red/Blue. Some of them look horrendous but some of them look better than in RB. Just look at RB Blastoise or Golbat and tell me those are good sprites.

One the subject of curiosities @Maf Another lost Gen 1 PokéMon evolution, like the previous final form Pikachu, Gorochu...

1550479500516.png

The original final evolution design for Squirtle and Wartortle, apparently.

My nieces were playing Let's Go Pikachu, the other day and they showed me how you can ride some PokéMon on the open map. It raised a question I thought to ask here. Is Persian supposed to be big enough to be rideable by a human? Nothing I ever saw in the original game or early anime would suggest Meowth evolved into something the size of a lioness?