passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Games rental

Sambob

Don't call it a comeback. 

I've been a bit out of the gaming loop lately, no real reason, I've actually been playing games a lot to be honest but it's just been PUBG on pc as it's all I've been interested in playing.

I figure that to get back into playing all the console stuff I've missed will probably cost me the same as it would to buy a small island. So, to remedy this I've decided to start an account with boomerang games rental. I've always thought that games rental would suit me because I pretty much have always traded what I play in towards the next game and so have effectively rented them anyway, generally speaking losing upwards of a tenner on each game I play. 

I've gone for a package that's a tenner a month, allows me to have new games on launch, as many as I want a month but only one at a time, which again is roughly in line with how I would have played before, I don't often tend to switch from game to game really. At this rate I will spend 120 a year on gaming and be able to play all the biggest games at launch as long as I return the previous one in time and plan my list properly. 

I'm thinking of mainly playing Switch games initially because of the portability factor and also because on the whole it offers a different type of gameplay experience than PC shooter.

Don't know if this is something that appeals to people here or not, I know that for certain individuals the idea of game rental is an abhorrence but the more I've thought about it the more it seems the ideal model for me. 

Years ago I used to use lovefilm to get games and movies. I was still buying stuff, big stuff that I knew would at least be worth the money, or stuff I could get on pc cheap. It was good for smaller stuff that maybe wasn't worth dropping £40 on, things like Yakuza Dead Souls and El Shaddai

• 4 months later...

So this is make or break for games rental for me....

Ive got Sekiro in my list and nothing else. Ive been renting games since November and so far I havnt had a single one of my preferred games when they have been about to release. Considering my package is one that is meant to be playing new games on release im a bit fucked off. Ive still played one or two things but I usually miss a game on release, meaning im faced with either a long wait until a copy is free or filling my queue with some stuff im not desperate to play but will get sent out quickly.

So yeah, if I get Sekiro then happy days, if not then subscription cancelled.

I’ve been quite lucky with Boomerang to be honest. Soon as a game is due out,it tend to switch from “Coming Soon” to in your rental list. I then chuck that to the top of my list,and more often than not that’s what I get next. Happened with One Piece World Seeker just recently.

With being a student,I can’t afford to day one anything,so I’d rather pay £10 a month to (sometimes)get the new releases.

No,once a game is releasing,it automatically goes from your “Coming Soon List” into your “Games rental” list. But depending on how many are on your list,it could be buried halfway down.

When a game is out say on a Friday,it should appear in your rental list on the Wednesday or Thursday of the release week.Slap it at the top of your list,change your settings to “only top 3”;or preferably “Only my 1st choice”. And that should almost guarantee that it will be the next game they send out. It’s worked for me in the 4 or 5 times I’ve tried it.

I have been doing that each time, having nothing in my list but the new release and making sure my other games are back 4 days in advance. Its never worked for me, and I have a feeling ive missed the cut this time too which is a shitter.... Going to give it until the end of the day but if not then im binning it, just no point otherwise.