passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Tetris Effect

Hendo

The demo lied to us, the full game is rubbish!

Only kidding, it’s fucking amazing.

I installed the dynamic theme that came with it and it loops the hook of the song from the first level (and trailer) in the dashboard and moving around the dash does sound effects from the game, so that’s pretty sweet.

I put my headphones on and started the journey mode. The first level after the ones in the demo has the most amazing music. The level is called Jellyfish Chorus and it starts really minimal and at some point it just kicks in and I was wishing I still did drugs.

yeah, there isn't a lot to say about it because it's Tetris, a good version of Tetris, but it's still the same game, but it's great. The soundtrack is something else though, that fist track is still the standout for me, maybe just because it's got lyrics or it's the one I've heard most

Reminds me of Chime

Yeah Chime definitely. The soundtrack is really quite something. It goes in some pretty different styles but the way you impact the music on how you play still feels exciting to me, all these years after Rez.

I took part in the weekend community event. I think it had been going for an hour and was already at 92% complete, so got a game in quick and after my fairly short game was done, the event was finished. No idea if it counts if you try it during the weekend if it’s already been complete by the time you get to it.

I haven't got VR, though I've played enough to know how cool this would be with it.

As long as you've got headphones or a good sound system, you'll get the immersion, though it's still just a really great version of Tetris, regardless.

Shame it's missing multiplayer, otherwise it would probably be the last version you'd ever need, especially as you can zoom the view in to just see the board, if you just want the Tetris and none of the space whale stuff.

Theater mode is really cool.

You can press the same buttons to do the same effects you get in game (press face buttons to get the rotate effects, down in d-pad to get the clear line effects) or press the right bumper to evolve the stage.

Or just set it to auto-play and zone out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sat and watched my girlfriend play this in VR last night. 

She cleared expert in one sitting without dying once. Or getting a game over or whatever because I guess you don’t die in Tetris, either way, she done good.

It was her first time playing the main game too. Needless to say there’s a copy waiting for her under the Christmas tree now and I can kiss goodbye to using the living room PS4 again. 

Yeah, I haven’t tried expert yet but I’m pretty certain I couldn’t do it all in one go! That’s crazy. 

I still can’t get SS rank on area 5 on normal. Even cracked over a 100,000 points and it’s still just a single S

I love this game but it’s kind of brutal ?

Oh my god how did you gf get through the entire ducking game on expert without dying? It took me 7 tries to barely scrape through the first area

I hate that I’ve put so much effort in to this and still suck ass at it. It makes me so angry ?