passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Scanner Sombre

DANGERMAN

I feel a bit bad for Scanner Sombre, I got it because it looked cool and was cheap, then I read it was a horror game, or at least more of one than some people wanted. It isn't, but that still coloured what I was expecting of it. Truth be told its a bit long as a walking sim, it needs a little bit more going on. There's good ideas but they aren't really punchy enough so they don't break up the trudge 

Scanner Sombre is an invisible world, you pick up a scanner and a helmet, the scanner fires lasers that hit solid objects and builds the world in your visor (see pics). It's a cool look, especially as the colour changes dependent on how close an object is to you. Because I was told this was a horror game I was expecting this to come in to play, maybe something suddenly being closer or an area you scanned later having an empty patch. It doesn't but its still a cool look, especially around water as your visor can't map it 

The story I was a bit disappointed by, it shifts later on, maybe I missed the bit where it started to turn but it felt abrupt, I preferred it when it seemed to be hinting at something else, something a bit creepier. 

Anyway, it's cool, probably looks amazing in VR, and the creepier moments there might be where the horror reputation comes from 

Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.08 - 18.36.03.23.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.09 - 18.39.05.68.png