passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Play/Want /Bin November 2018

illdog

I'll kick this off cos I forgot to do it last month.

PLAY

Spiderman - Continues to delight me and piss me off in equal measure. I'm really near the end and i'm enjoying it enough to want to finish it.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Just an insanely addictive rhythm game with cheesy ass music and even cheesier dialogue and I can't get enough.

Luigi's Mansion - I'm slowly making my way through this Gamecube remake, it's a classic but the controls are sucky. No pun intended.

WANT

To get in to Read Dead Redemption 2. I've only played about three hours and I hear from all accounts it just gets beter and better but so far i'm underwhelmed.

BIN

The combat in Spideman, i still hate it. Suck a bag of dicks haters.

Play

Persona 5 - I’m absolutely loving this. Not played a proper, traditional Jap RPG for ages and it’s great. 

Forza Horizon 4 - Brilliant game. Fell

off the last 2 relatively quickly but something about this one has really grabbed me.

Cuphead - On and off with this. Brilliant game but requires full concentration when playing so have to be in the right mood. 

Want

Red Dead Redemption 2 

Assassins Creed Odyssey - Not a fan of AC usually but I’m a huge fan of Ancient Greece so want to try it. 

Spider-Man - Think I’ll have this by end of the week :)

Bin

Too many long and massive games about. Where are you supposed to find the time for them all? 

PLAY

I’m hoping to find the time to go back to Forza Horizon 4, but mostly this month is gonna be all about the cowboys.

After a slow start, I’m enjoying all the things you can do in that world.

Also, Tetris Effect is a week away so that will get hammered.

WANT

Hitman 2 is arriving shortly, so I better get RDR2 finished as soon as possible!

BIN

Nothing to report as yet.

Play

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Loving this, the whole atmosphere & slow pace is a nice change from most recent games.

Forza Horizon 4 - This is what I'm playing on my lunch at work, nice to dip in for a hour while I can.

Diablo 3 (Switch) - Turned up this morning in time for my train journey tonight & tomorrow.  Can't wait to get into this on the go, seems a great fit to me.

Want

Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner (PSVR) - Loved both games back on the PS2 so will definitely be picking this up to see what it's like in VR.  Plus its nice & cheap.

Bin

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Really struggled to get into it & I don't know why.  Really enjoyed the other 2 but I'm just not enjoying it, will prob come back to it after I've got through the above

PLAY

Red Dead Redemption 2 - About 29 hours in. Absolutely adore this so far, it is simply astonishing. Took me quite awhile to get used to the controls but once it clicked it really clicked into place.

Deltarune: Chapter 1 - The unexpected new game from Undertale creator, Toby Fox. It’s more of the same really? I thought Undertale was incredibly original and should be applauded for its irreverent sense of humour but ultimately a little bit overrated and it’s the same case with Deltarune. Definitely worth playing for free if you’ve got a PC or Mac though.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ’n’ Fun - Got this purely because of my fond memories of Donkey Konga on the GCN. Hoping to replicate the fun I had with that on this, looks like such a laugh and even if it turns out rather shallow I would’ve gotten a good laugh out of it and plenty of fun times.

Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu - Cannot wait for this. Didn’t play Sun & Moon because I was waiting for the leaked ‘Stars’ which never came, so it’ll be quite a few years since I indulged my Pokémon fix and I can’t wait.

WANT

Smash Bros. Ultimate - Ridiculously hyped after the recent Direct.

Persona Dancing Collection - Really looking forward to this next month

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise,

HITMAN 2,

The Quiet Man.

BIN 

Nothing as of yet. 

Play

The Evil Within

This is my Halloween game this year but to be honest I'm finding it a bit too stress and anxiety inducing.  I can only play it in short stints and I have to be in the right mood to play it.  When I have my chill I don't want to mess with it.

Paladins

I'm on this a lot and enjoying it.  I've been messing with some different characters and finding them to be pretty unique.

Mantis Burn Racing

I'm reaching the point its getting quite hard so I dunno how much longer I'll be playing it.  It's pretty relentless.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Started this on a whim and just can't stop playing it.  People are right, it is very good.

Hollow Knight

Picked this up again and blasted though to the end of this amazing game.

Want

GRIP

The spiritual successor to Rollcage comes out this month and I hope to get it at some point.

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee

I want to wander around Kanto HDwith an Eevee with a haircut.

Bin

PlayStation+

It runs out this month and I can't justify it right now.  I'd rather put my limited money elsewhere.  Also, I'd have maybe bought a three month sub but they are so much more expensive now so the yearly sub is the only one with an okay value.

• 2 weeks later...

Play

Dragon Quest XI - Half way through the month, 60 hours in. Not sure if I’m going to finish the game by the end of the month or not, but I will see it through to the end. Currently sitting on a 7/10 for me. I would say it’s been a disappointment. I’ll add more before the podcast is recorded.

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy too if I finish DQ in time.

Want

Kingdom Hearts 3

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Bin

Not being able to get out of bed in the morning (placeholder comment that’s always relevant).

Play

Red Dead 2. I can blow hot or cold on this. Sometimes it's narrative or setting just makes me think wow, then I'll run into someone because of the clunky ass controls and end up with a bounty on me ?

Want

Smash Bros Ultimate. I've always enjoyed a good Smash and I think this has the potential to be the best of the bunch. An ideal Christmas game ☺️

Black Armoury D2 DLC ?

Bin

Too many damn games to play ?

Play

Hyper Light Drifter - I wanted to play it for a while and saw it on sale for £6 so picked it up.

Great little Zelda clone with unforgiving combat, beautiful visuals and haunting music.

Final Fantasy IX - Another one I picked up in a sale on its 18th anniversary. About an hour into "disc 2" now, and spent my first couple of hours on it grinding my first 10 levels listening to the MF Gamers Podcasts.

Want

Spider-Man: Turf Wars - Loved the core game and enjoyed the first DLC with Black Cat. This one continues the story set up on that one, adds the comic book Iron Spider Armour as an unlockable, and gives me another reason to revisit the game, which is always welcome. 

A Job - Seriously sick of being unemployed now.

Bin

Facebook - I finally deleted the fucker and I feel great for it.

Diet and exercise - It’s supposed to be ‘fun’ but I’m just tired and ache all the time. I miss alcohol and pizza and chips and chocolate, and I’m bored of eating like a rabbit. Bring on Christmas, the ultimate cheat day.

Play

Dragon's Dogma

This game is what happens when you have a Western RPG and you have a load of different Japanese games do a train on it. The resulting baby is Dragon's Dogma.It's super special but also kick arse at the same time. It's worth a look if you can be bothered pulling yourself away from the latest games. It has jank, but like that unasuming lass that took advantage of you when you were drunk, it's a beast that shouldn't be underestimated.

Pinball FX3

I've trying to go up the leagues but I've hit a wall. The competition is too strong. I think I might have to readjust my plan of attack because what I'm doing isn't working.

The Pinball Arcade

I've been playing through some of the tables that got removed from the game in the hopes that me having some knowledge of some of the tables that could potentially show up in FX3 would help me. Also playing some of the tables that have already been converted to FX3 is interesting, they feels far slower and aren't as sharp visually. It's easy to see why some people prefer Zen's take over Farsights.

Want

I just bought Rainbow 6 Siege and I'm hoping it's going to be smooth running. It's not going to be though, is it? I'm going to get fucked several ways from Sunday and end up losing my temper a lot. In fact I'd be disappointing if I didn't lose my shit a few times.

@regemond to get better. There's ants to be killed and it's more fun with a dirty Scouse in tow.

I want to see @RikSP again for more face to face japes. A few days wasn't enough. Once the initial weirdness was over it felt like being with a family member. He's a top dude and I'm blessed to have him in my life. It would be worse off without him.

Most importantly I want all the people coming in from games™ to settle in and feel at home. This place is never going to be g™, so buckle in, hold on tight and enjoy the ride that is Mother Fucking Gamers. This is the next chapter in your foruming and I hope you enjoy the fuck out of it and forge friendships that endure. Get involved. We're here to absorb you. Not in a sexy way. That would be wrong.

Bin

Bloodborne, but not in the way you think. I fucking miss it. I don't think I'm going to play a game as clever or as well designed as that game for a long time. The more I think about it the more I miss it. I might just buy the DLC and go play that, because I feel a bit empty not having it there. I feel a bit warm inside when @RoboticMonk3y talks about it. Such a journey. Seriously, if you've never played it, go do it. You're doing yourself a disservice by ignoring it.

Finally... Londoners. Fuck me what a miserable set of cunts.

Play

Torna, the golden country. Definitely a whiff of fresh summer air in this XC2 expansion. This already has most hours clocked on my Switch, and should grab another 25 by the end of this little beauty.

Want

Smash

Bin

I've had quite enough of RDR2, thank you very much. I know Blakey thinks this is pure hyperbole, but I did actually nod off several times while playing this, during those horrendous horse rides to mission points. Never a good sign. 

Like @RikSP, I too have jibbed Facebook. It's not a philosophical stance, just a realisation that no one I know actually posts on it anymore. Used to have a laugh on it but now no one's bothered, and now my news feed is primarily women taking pouty selfies or pictures of their drinks on nights out.