passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

DANGERMAN

I got a discount voucher for this on Steam, and it was already on sale, so I thought I'd pick it up. I didn't/don't know anything about it but it had good reviews. It reminds me a lot of 90s pc games, I'm not 100% sure if I like it but I carried on playing it way after I wanted to go and get a drink and some dinner if that means anything

It's a point & click of sorts where you're watching cctv footage of humans going about their day (well, what they do in 1 location). For example, the first screen you have is a guy taking surreptitious photographs of someone. You're "job" is to find out as much about who his and she are, which you do by finding items around the environment, listening in to conversations for key words, then googling combinations of words to get more details. Ideally you want to find a phone number to have a conversation. Or not, really all you need to do is find enough information to reply to an email with a basic question (where is camera 5 located etc). If you want you can potentially use the information to get more rewards, I'm not sure if there's options as to who you blackmail or tell, so I don't know if I could have blackmailed the pervert, but I ended that screen by talking to the management of the victim and getting a reward from them

It's not entirely dissimilar to something like Papers, Please I guess, it's work. Added to that you need to feed yourself, keep yourself relatively healthy, sleep, pay the rent, and you have to keep buying screens otherwise you get cut off from the program. This is probably the more annoying part of the game, I think there's an option to not have to deal with this, it's progression, which is good, but managing your finances and time is designed to get in the way of your detective work, which I think is more what I was enjoying.

I probably will go back to it, although it sounds like it saves at the start of the day, so turning off when I did means I've potentially lost the screen I solved and the one I've made a load of progress on