passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Best Horror Movies

Rikzilla

52 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

is from Evil Dead 2 :fist:

? I meant the series of films, but yeah it was. Or was it ? I think it was the third...

It got a bit silly but I enjoyed all of them. I think the second one holds better (over the first) as it went more for comedy.

13 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

? I meant the series of films, but yeah it was. Or was it ? I think it was the third...

It got a bit silly but I enjoyed all of them. I think the second one holds better (over the first) as it went more for comedy.

Dear me you're right :facepalm:

The 2003 remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty good iirc, haven't seen it for a while.

Both versions of It are cool, Wrong Turn wasnt bad. I watched Hell House LLC the other day, it was only ok, the reveal was shite though, let the fim down imo but it had some creepy moments throughout.

I'm a Paranormal Activity fan, i've seen hem all and dont dislike any.  The Ritual isn't bad either.

I have a film called Scare Campaign ready to watch, i'll let ya'll know.

We watched hereditary the other night as well. I thought it was great, Mrs was less fussed and, ironically is the horror fan out of the two of us (although she likes the shitty jump scare ones like The Conjuring, which I can't do because I hate jump scares.

Tonight we're going to watch Apostle.

6 hours ago, Middle_Class_Hero said:

Anyone said It Follows yet?

I liked It Follows for the most part but I thought the ending was weak.

We watched APOSTLE and it was pretty good. I thought it was going to be a little bit more fucked up than it was (it was still quite fucked up) but one of the stronger Netflix originals.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I liked It Follows for the most part but I thought the ending was weak.

Yeah, I’ve heard a few people say that and I can certainly understand that point of view. I liked the ending personally, but I tend to like open ended, ambiguous stuff.

I think the film divides people in general really. Let someone at work borrow it recently - she returned it the next day describing it as “a bag of wank”

? 

Don’t be honest. It’s average. I’m a long LONG time fan and H20 did a better job of ignoring most of the sequels and giving us a proper myers follow up. The opening is fantastic. When the door gets closed just in time with the music building and they come face to face. Even the fact she’s a functioning alcoholic makes more sense than that she’s weapon ready with a trap house after the events of only movie 1. She acts like she’s lived out all the horrors of every sequel to be how she is in H 2018.

She’s somehow meant to have gotten over it and had a partner and children but then she’s suddenly back to being a barmy grandma even tho he’s just been in the mental hospital the whole time so nothing more to make her crazy. Doesn’t make sense.

• 4 months later...