passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

89 hours for me now.

This may of lost me in Chapter 6. It just feels like such a slog now and I just want it to end but it keeps going and going and going.

The missions themselves have still been good and enjoyable overall but I just think they’ve crammed in too many different plot points into Chapter 6.

It may pay off in the next Chapter so we’ll see, definitely dropped my score by a couple of points for the moment though.

39 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

You finish it @bellow?

Mate, I traded it in after chapter 3. I had serious problems with the sheer mundanity of what the game was asking of the player. And yes, I did actually nod off during some of those protracted horse rides to mission points. Game bored me to tears.

Slacker.

There's definitely too many long horse rides. In later missions it actually starts shortening the ride by skipping to the destination. Dunno why I didn't do that more. 

If I have to set the horse to 'automatic' while I go make u cuppa, something's wrong. 

Having finished it and reflected and continued to play it's my GOTY.  No question. It's annoyed the shit out of me at times and i also have been bored at points yet the high points have outweighed the low and as an experience it's second to almost none. The scope of the creation still blows me away and I am continuing to have fun after 90 hours.

Online is also here (for me). Meet Crimson Tide:

crim.jpg

I haven't had time to do much other than create her but i'm gonna give it a good crack.

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Just sort of feels like I've missed out on something really cool, even tho I played it.

That's a strange concept, isn't it?

And I sort of feel the same way. Not just in the forum, but in the pro reviews. Why can't I see what they saw? Why are they invigorated while I'm bored.

9 hours ago, bellow said:

@Blakey so we're of the same view. I just got there after 15 hours rather than 87?

:lol: I'm still not as cold on it as you overall and I've mostly had a fantastic time with it, it just has moments where it's just not that fun.

I've used the analogy earlier in the thread but it feels like the Chapters are seasons in a TV series that is overly long, so you get a few shitty seasons and quite a few filler episodes. But the seasons that do hit the mark hit incredibly highs, it's just that there's way too many filler episodes and superfluous seasons to get to the end.

Played another 4 hours today and hit the 93 hour mark.

I finished Chapter 6 - the ending of which was absolutely phenomenal - and I got chills as soon as I entered the Epilogue but that soon dissipated when the game turned into an almost literal Forklift/book carrying section from Shenmue. At this many hours in and this close to the finish I just haven't got the patience, it feels so needless.

This is probably going to be one of the hardest games I've ever had to put a score on. First 9 hours or so it was a 7, then has been a 10 from that point until about 15 hours ago when it dropped to an 8, then the Chapter 6 ending brought it back up to a 10, then the Epilogue down to an 8. We'll see how good the rest of the Epilogue is I guess.

Yeah that makes sense @DANGERMAN a lot of long games tend to feel the same way, think XC2 is the only one I can think of that avoided it. Unfortunately I can't really move on to another game easily without completing the previous one. 

Funnily enough once I've finished RDR2 (I hope it is tomorrow) DQXI is next on my list. Two 90+ hour games back to back...?

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Wireframe have the most accurate review I’ve read so far for this - Link!

Yea, agreed, that’s a great review. The difference for me is that I just got so used to the clanky controls I didn’t even think about them after a while.

Definitely the biggest criticism I could level on the game was the pacing. I understand what they were going for but some of the talking and some of the trekking was tedious.

As much as I loved the game,it certainly has its flaws. Tapping X to run was a ball ache,thank god you can change it to the analogue stick. Constantly having your weapons unequipped was bloody annoying. And by the end I was using the stage coach constantly to get closer to my next mission. I can’t be arsed doing hunting/skinning.

Having said that,I still very much enjoyed it. The story was good,Arthur is an interesting character. The soundtrack was great. 

GOTY? I’ll probably go with Spider-Man. But this was definitely worth playing. 

Just started Online with my cowboy, Jack Meoff. Massive beard to cover up the horrendous teeth.