Blakey

Red Dead Redemption 2

It’s early days but personally, for me, this is the most authentic and well crafted

Spoiler

Installation simulator I’ve ever watched.

Just wait, you too will be accidentally killing wildlife by the ton.

How many animals have we all killed unintentionally so far? I've had at least 3 suicide birds, trampled over 2 rabbits and a snake.

Update: I’ve controlled riding a horse for five minutes before having to go to work ☹️

I was told changing controls to fps and the sensitivity down is best. Any thoughts? I’ll certainly play as intended first.

I do hope it becomes a donner party situation though. 

Change the running controls to "toggle"....

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

Just wait, you too will be accidentally killing wildlife by the ton.

How many animals have we all killed unintentionally so far? I've had at least 3 suicide birds, trampled over 2 rabbits and a snake.

Loads, too many to count, I'm an accidental animal serial killer.  Not too mention riding my horse into trees at high speed a number of times as well.

4 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

He's_right_you_know.jpg

Hide contents

That's right. I'm bringing this over. Sue me 🖕

Just add it to the list of emotes for ease of use, mods?

16 hours ago, Hendo said:

Only 1 rattlesnake so far for me.

When I skinned it and put its flabby remains on my Horse it looked a bit like carrying a bit flabby cock around, could see it jiggling about as the horse galloped 😂

I also had a Skunk vendetta last night. Saw one and wasted about 10 arrows trying to kill it, chasing it for ages before finally getting my pistol out and dead eying the cunt.

Only for me to forget about the meat when I camped and it went off in the morning 😂

Just been out to snowy land to find a specific legendary animal, found one - just not the specific one I was after, but when I arrived right Infront of me was a pure white horse. It was like a sign or something. I got off my horse and managed to get close and mount it. 

It's now my main horse. Got some impressive stats. Elite class 😏 I'll name it Charlie.

Loaded this up last night to a morning scene in camp, sun filtering through the mist in the tree's. I mounted my horse and slow trotted to my objective. Damn this game's pretty!

I had a similar moment with starting in the morning and as sun was coming up, the Mexican guy (Javier?) was playing guitar by the side. Just propped up next to him and listened for a bit.

And at night by the campfire one of the ladies was singing a song so I sat down and listened.

So apparently I just played 7hrs straight. 

The first 2 are a slog and doesn’t even work well as a mechanic teaching method but one you’re free, boy are you free.

I haven’t found that its overly complicated gameplay wise yet but it’s not simple either. I was worried it would look a bit ropey on launch ps4 but damn, I actually can’t imagine it looking better.

The opening was fine with me. It felt like a zelda type low key opening almost. 

I finished the first game but wasn't that impressed.. it was fine. 

This tho.. you know when you play a game, Uncharted for example and there's an animation or something and you think fuck someone must have spent aaaaages making that. This game is like that but I'm saying it every 10 minutes. 

It's basically a RPG but it doesn't feel 'gamey' at all. I'm interested in how all the Ubi devs reacted to this, I'm pretty sure they cried into their pillows.

First off, that video @ThreeFour posted is hilarious...😂

Secondly, this game is weird... I played for around 5 hours yesterday and I honestly still couldn't tell you whether I'm enjoying the thing or not. It just seems that for every time the game makes me smile or say wow to myself there's the same amount of things that make me roll my eyes or think for fucksake.

I honestly think by now that rockstar should've tightened up their control schemes, there's just too many times now where I've felt like instead of fighting the people shooting at me I'm actually fighting the game itself to get Arthur to do what the fuck I want him to do.

I'm certainly not getting the immediacy I did from GTA V and I think that's part of the problem for me, so far this has been too much of a slow burn... Although I'm fairly sure I'm still stuck in the early tutorial part.