Blakey

Red Dead Redemption 2

I usually always play as the good guy in games when give the choice but for this I made the conscious decision to be an ‘orrible cunt.  

Here’s my choices for those two moments @Hendo

Spoiler

I beat the guy who jumped me to death (in first person too because I was trying it out at the time).

Then murdered all 3 people left on the train.

2 hours ago, retroed said:

You do by default, but it can be changed in the menus. Switch to standard FPS.

Thank Christ for that!

Cheers.

That’s the best news I’ve heard since I found out there’s a big waterfall in it. I love videogame waterfalls.........

DON’T JUDGE ME!

Wow, @Blakey! You are a massive ‘orrible cunt!

I had another moment of a moral choice of let a guy go or let a guy go, if you catch my drift.

I did the former. If I live to regret it, i’m going to murder every last one of those moral choices.

Also @Nag, the broken wheel is literally just at the point where it becomes an actual open world. I had great excitement at this point. Started a mission to go into town and then this happened. No spoilers in the video.

Cheers @Hendo, it'll only be a couple of hours to get back there now I know what I'm doing... Gonna spend this Sunday grinding XP on the Gears 4 event.

And I'll probably be staying out of this thread through next week.😂

Sit back and allow me to tell you the tale of Arthur Morgan, the most incompetent outlaw this side of a Carry On film.

So first of all, I’m off to go do a mission to find some female legendary black widow woman, who has had 6 husbands and no divorces.

On the way a carriage with a massive cage, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang style, was coming towards me with a woman screaming for me to help.

So I turned around and started shooting the two bastards involved. Then shot off the lock to let the woman out. Then because left trigger is also used for focusing on someone to talk to, I ended up pointing my gun at the poor woman who ran off. So then I have a bounty on my head.

Get to where I needed to be and died several times getting chased by the law. Eventually I get to my waypoint and because of my wanted level, I can’t start the mission.

So I head back to a friendlier town to pay the bounty off and get bitten by a snake.

I kill it and skin it and then also kill a deer to make some extra cash to help pay the bounty off.

See video above to see how good my horse skills are, and it will not surprise you to learn that I bumped into a tree which made me fall off along with the animal pelts which then damage them and decrease their value.

Eventually stop off at the post office and pay the bounty off. Leave the post office and accidentally jump on the wrong horse. Jump off and get on mine but now I have another bounty on my head for horse stealing.

However on the plus side, I killed a legendary bear and now I’m wearing his head for a hat. So swings and roundabouts.

6AD897DA-9552-4FC3-B401-0E99F375F6AA.jpeg

Played a couple of hours. Done the lasso thing. It's what I expected tbh. Rockstar games tend to have a slow opening before enough of the markers and world is opened up to truly revel in its sandbox. Admittedly ive no idea how long this hand holding prologue is...

The old flick n shoot is coming back. Preparing myself for a long game here with what I'm hearing. Although I doubt I'll spend much time with side stiff if it's too mundane.

Here's my stream from the other night by the way if anyone fancies nodding off for the night:

Not got anything more to add at this time as I won't get to play it until Monday.

Is anyone else having issues with the HDR in this by the way? My game keeps looking really washed out and there's lots of others on ResetEra that have either disabled it or put it up to 400 on the scale on both consoles. Think I'll try putting it up to 400 on Monday.

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

However on the plus side, I killed a legendary bear and now I’m wearing his head for a hat. So swings and roundabouts.

6AD897DA-9552-4FC3-B401-0E99F375F6AA.jpeg

I want one!

Was it hard to put the bear down? 

Got a couple of shots in and then he wrestled me to the ground at which point I thought I was dead for sure. I spammed triggers and Morgan knifed him a bit and somehow I walked away and the bear didn’t.

Should of shot him... @retroed

I decided against restarting and rolled with what I had yesterday, played around another three hours... I'm still a little undecided with how I feel about it truth be told. I'm finding the whole thing a little bewildering what with the whole cores thing along with eating, sleeping, having to dress for the weather and care for your horse... I think I would've preferred a straight up western GTA V than something more akin to the Witcher.

Anyway, I've started doing some debt collections after having my head torn off by that fucking legendary bear (who legged it to avoid a rematch)... It'll have to wait until Friday now though, where I'll probably have forgotten everything.🙄

@Nag

I feel exactly the same way.

I’m about 5/6 hours in and the game seems to be constantly informing me of busy work I have to do. I don’t mind a bit of micro-managing, but here it seems to be going against the open nature and drifter spirit of the game.

I can tell it’s a quality product, but I worry that it’s completely the wrong game for me to be playing at the moment due to my limited gaming time.

2 hours ago, Nag said:

Should of shot him... @retroed

I decided against restarting and rolled with what I had yesterday, played around another three hours... I'm still a little undecided with how I feel about it truth be told. I'm finding the whole thing a little bewildering what with the whole cores thing along with eating, sleeping, having to dress for the weather and care for your horse... I think I would've preferred a straight up western GTA V than something more akin to the Witcher.

Anyway, I've started doing some debt collections after having my head torn off by that fucking legendary bear (who legged it to avoid a rematch)... It'll have to wait until Friday now though, where I'll probably have forgotten everything.🙄

So - that bear. I decided to go back and have another pop, though couldn't find the bugger. On leaving the valley my new horse stacked it jumping over a small rock and I didn't have any way of reviving him, so a knife to the gut it was (pro tip - stock up on horse revivers). Thing is, he was wearing a $50 saddle that I wasn't going to leave behind so i lugged the damned thing up towards a tunnel thinking i'd walk through it, find a wild horse then gallop back to the camp. This tunnel went on forever. It literally took me about 15 minutes of walking through pitch black darkness to get to the other side. After camping and a few random encounters (there was a woman being kidnapped - bad luck for her though - no chance i'm dropping this saddle i've been carrying for close to 30 mins now to help) I finally made it to Valentine where I saddled up someone else's horse and made it back to base.

I'd also lost my new hat on the way, wasn't happy about that.

Thing is, I loved every minute of that, it's one of those games where the world actually feels alive, I just stood there at one point watching the sun rise over a lake whilst wildlife scattered around and the first few townsfolk idled past. 

@Middle_Class_Hero Can't you choose to do tasks at your own pace? There are no time limits are there? Nothing to ruin by sodding off for weeks on end?

Anyway you'll all be pleased to know that I am on my last house sitting duty day and will be back with a PS4 from tomorrow and you can bet your bottom dollar I shall be picking up RDR2 on my way back home.

@wiivo 2.0

I’ll get back to you on that. I’m still getting used to the mechanics of the game so am unsure as to how beneficial/punishing they are for doing/neglecting them. All I know is that it seems to rapid fire them at you quite quickly and I’m finding it a little stressful tbh (but that could just be my anxiety kicking in ha ha).

As an example, I got a message popping up last night saying I had lost weight! Now I am unsure whether thats good/bad/doesn’t matter at this stage, but I’m worried they might have gone a little too far with the systems in it.

Hopefully I’m being massively premature here (I have only played it a couple of times afterall), but it’s just the first impressions I get.

I too have lost my hat. :(

My amazing legendary bear hat has gone, possibly lost forever as I was killed going for a trek from an abandoned little village back to Valentine. Incidentally, that abandoned village is financially worth a visit, plus worth a look to see the grim prison.