passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

The transition doesn’t bother me it’s the the actual time of 24 hours in the game. Eat twice a day.  Cool. But can morning and evening be more than 30 minutes apart or whatever it is? The stopping is too frequent. 

It’s both I guess. It would be nice to be able to choose a longer cycle. It’s not like sleeping the night cycle effects anything/nothing is time sensitive. 

I still don’t know where you’re getting having to eat twice a day from or how to know you’re underweight. I must have missed reading that. 

Still enjoying this.

I have been exploring the map (apart from where I'm wanted dead or alive) and I've had some really odd encounters with strangers. 

Some people wanting a lift (which gave me an excuse to go exploring). Some drunk guy who was stumbling into the road.

I went up into the snowy mountains and saw lots of new creatures, as well as so many little abandoned houses and huts along the way.

I went back to camp, following the river the entire way. I stumbled into a guy who was panning for gold. I sat next to him, using my binoculars to see if I could spot any new birds or fish. The whole time I was there he was chattering away, the amount of dialog recorded for this game must be absolutely staggering. I decided to push on, and as I started to leave the guy started jumping and shouting about how he found a massive nugget of gold. I held down L2 to look at him and I somehow managed to take the guys head clean off with my shotgun.

Not wanting the nugget to go to waste, I looted him, then threw him into the river.

I went out with someone from camp and they were talking to me while we were riding along on horseback. I noticed that as you get further away, the characters start shouting louder and louder at each other to carry on the conversation. How cool is that!?

Does anyone know if you can store pelts in the game? I’m trying to do some crafting but would like to off load some of the bits I got. Do they need to stay on my horse until I’m done or can I put them somewhere?

Big pelts are one only on your horse

You can bring a second horse and use it as a second store but that seems unreliable.

Largely it's going to go like you kill a 3 star elk or whatever and then try and get back carefully but quickly to Dutch. Don't do the hunting unless you actually enjoy it.

Never use cinematic camera to bring shit back , cinematic camera is shit.

So I did the hunting earlier and crafted my first item for the game. Then moved on to the second item and what a pain in the ass this is. 

I need one perfect deer pelt, perfect squirrel pelt, perfect badger pelt. According to the compendium badgers are found in “arid lands”...like why you gotta fuck with me, game?

So I get the deer and the squirrel easy enough and then I’m on the hunt for a badger. I have been all over. I’ve found some rare species of ram. I managed to hunt a perfect bear pelt. I unlocked a bunch of hunting challengers just messing around. I died and got eaten by wolves and lost everything. Why wolves would jack me for my pelts, I don’t know. And now I’ve accidentally wandered into legendary animal territory and am trying to hunt that. 

But I still haven’t seen one fucking badger.  Not even ‘I haven’t seen a perfect one’, I haven’t seen a single one

This will be the low point of the game for me if it keeps up like this. I already have the worst luck when it comes to RNG spawns of things in games. No wonder this is a 90 hour game or something 

Stop hunting it's clear you don't like it.

I only dug the hunting cause it gave me a reason to explore I couldn't find elsewhere. Outside the corny stranger interactions and rail-roaded missions the hunting was the only thing that worked for me.

Just turned off all the HUD and went FPS mode using the signs only to navigate the world and got my hunting rifle and off I git ?

I'm going to tell you this. You can get the satchels without hunting. There's another way apparently. Just not yet

Edit

I didn't bother much with the legendary hunting cause of the arcane spawn conditions and rubbish looking rewards. Just not as motivating a reason to explore as pulling a racoons arse inside-out and turning it into a pretty man-bag ?

So I actually do like hunting. I think it’s fun. It’s just a shame when such an exlempary game comes to a fucking halt over a badger. Like the hunting mechanics, and the tracking and the slow moving and the discovery. I found one bush fire and 2 abandoned huts and found some nice treasures and recipes and stuff. That is fun. It is literally just the point of not being able to find something so fucking stupid and worthless as a badger of all things. 

Also I went in to the Xbox menu and turned HDR off and can’t really tell the difference. Maybe that in and of it self is a clue that the HDR in this game is bad but at the same time turning it off hasn’t improved the way the game looks

Dude, I love this game. I think it is fantastic. I’m just getting annoyed at this bit of it. You can do that you know, not like parts of things you like instead of just thinking everything is amazing all the time

The hunting is tedious as fuck. I only did it when I had to,in that story mission where you hunt a bear. After that,I didn’t even bother with it.

A mate told me about the trouble he was having,getting “perfect” pelts from animals,as it’s a right pain in the arse. And I thought “Nah. Fuck that noise”.

Oh,and throughout my entire playthrough,I never,ever saw a badger. So good luck with that.