passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

I’ve done up to the first Braithwaite mission in Chapter 3. Yesterday I started to focus on the challenges a bit more and have now done over half. 

There’s one where you have to lasso and drag someone 3300 ft. Do you know how to do that? The game says do it on a flat surface but every time I try the person dies to quickly. I’m wondering if I need to take someone down to the beach and drag them around in circles on the sand 

Also one of the sharpshooter ones is shoot off 3 hats in one dead eye. But I really don’t know how to do that without it being a headshot. Considering how you have to shoot the very top of the hat the painted target is relatively large 

Tried that. Think you have to do it on a horse, though. So it’s rough going for the guy getting dragged. 

Might actually have to google google this one because I can’t figure it out

Also couldn’t figure out how to catch 3 small fish without a rod. I did find out using dynamite loses honour, though ?

4 hours ago, Maf said:

There’s one where you have to lasso and drag someone 3300 ft. Do you know how to do that? The game says do it on a flat surface but every time I try the person dies to quickly. I’m wondering if I need to take someone down to the beach and drag them around in circles on the sand 

I found an easy way to do this, and have some tips

go somewhere remote (so people don't call teh cops)

drag someone in a circle in a field. I did this with a lemoyne raider, he died after a few hundred feet, but I kept draggin in a circle, and the challenge popped.

10 minutes ago, Maf said:

Also couldn’t figure out how to catch 3 small fish without a rod. I did find out using dynamite loses honour, though ?

I did his by running my horse at full tilt through shallow water, stomp those little fished, then go pick them up.

I've noticed that fish come to investigate dead stuff you drop in the water. I wonder if you could drop in a deer carcass, then stand still and shoot the fishies with a bow and arrow?

How many of the stranger missions have you taken part in? some of them are absolutely stunning

12 minutes ago, RoboticMonk3y said:

I found an easy way to do this, and have some tips

go somewhere remote (so people don't call teh cops)

drag someone in a circle in a field. I did this with a lemoyne raider, he died after a few hundred feet, but I kept draggin in a circle, and the challenge popped.

Oh, if they don’t need to be alive then that solves it

I thought about having the horse kill the fish because I’ve seen it do it before. But last night I couldn’t get it to walk through the pond 

25 minutes ago, Maf said:

Oh, if they don’t need to be alive then that solves it

I thought about having the horse kill the fish because I’ve seen it do it before. But last night I couldn’t get it to walk through the pond 

The shallow water in the river near the first camp site is where I've got most of my running roadkill

I tried doing the horseman challenge where you ride from Van Horn to Blackwater in under 17 minutes while I was still wanted dead or alive and whoa those lawman just come out of nowhere, huh 

On 26/02/2019 at 12:59, RoboticMonk3y said:

Not too long, the situation escalates quite quickly to a grand finish for chapter 3

Glad you said that. It encouraged me to continue. Holy hell it goes some places there, it was brilliant. I loved it, got much more interesting. Colm is a mofo.

• 2 weeks later...

Just happened across a really interesting article on Polygon about one character's health issues and how it was a fantastic portrayal of a deadly illness.

Link!

Spoilers in the article, obviously, as it goes into details re the game's story and ending, but safe to say that I definitely won't be playing RDR2 for a while. Don't really fancy putting myself through that, especially given that the writer of the article has CF.