passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

Rockstar Support have apparently responded to someone complaining about this game’s economy with “this is how a game works”, and “To give the realistic feel of 18th century, there are only two currencies and you only get small amount of money in the game after a lot of hard work”.

Seen this in article on The Express.

In other words, “we aren’t changing the economy,up yours”. Terrific. 

Also,how do that explanation match up with the single player, where you’re in the same time period,and guns cost exponentially less? “Oh,well,you do bank robberies in that”. Right. Well,looting corpses there gives you a decent amount of cash.

Online,selling a Gold Wedding Ring gets you $1.15. A tin of beans costs $1.35.

What a bloody joke.

Have to say i've had more fun on RD Online than I have in the first ten hours or so of story mode. In fact, i've had more fun with RD online than i've had with any game this year. Playing in a posse of four means we've had great fun dealing with a few griefers. Hog-tieing them whilst someone else tramples them with a horse won't get old for a long time.

I haven't paid much attention to the economy, but I haven't felt the need to buy anything yet. I find plenty of food and supplies just by searching houses.

2 hours ago, Craymen Edge said:

You're not accidentally going to the wild west equivalent of a hipster baked bean cafe, are you?

Well,the toast is exclusively sourced by Tradefare workers,and the accompanying Turkey Dinosaurs have been crafted by Heston Blumenthal. So yeah. Might have something to do with it.

Nag and Andy, there is a bug that occurs if you reload at a checkpoint during the mission where you take the girls and Uncle into Valentine in chapter 2. The Marstons and Sadie get deleted from the camp except for mandatory story missions until chapter 4

This is probably why you didnt notice Sadie.

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

So what's the deal with this on a 4k TV? I've heard that on Pro it is very blurry, is that just when HDR is turned on?

I didn’t really notice any issues myself with blurriness.

The only problem I had was with the HDR being shit. It recommends 100 bits brightness but this is far too dim, so I put it up to 400 and that did the trick.

Played some of the PVP last night and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, despite being crap at it. There's a game mode I particularly enjoyed called 'choose your weapon' where you score points based on the difficulty of weapon you use, so axes and knifes score 7 points per kill and rifles score 1. 

We also had fun with a griefer. He shot me off my horse so my companion shot him and i loaded his corpse on the back of my horse. We then found him again, hog tied him, dumped his previous carcass next to him and shot him in the head. He kept away from us after that.