passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

I had a similar moment with starting in the morning and as sun was coming up, the Mexican guy (Javier?) was playing guitar by the side. Just propped up next to him and listened for a bit.

And at night by the campfire one of the ladies was singing a song so I sat down and listened.

So apparently I just played 7hrs straight. 

The first 2 are a slog and doesn’t even work well as a mechanic teaching method but one you’re free, boy are you free.

I haven’t found that its overly complicated gameplay wise yet but it’s not simple either. I was worried it would look a bit ropey on launch ps4 but damn, I actually can’t imagine it looking better.

The opening was fine with me. It felt like a zelda type low key opening almost. 

I finished the first game but wasn't that impressed.. it was fine. 

This tho.. you know when you play a game, Uncharted for example and there's an animation or something and you think fuck someone must have spent aaaaages making that. This game is like that but I'm saying it every 10 minutes. 

It's basically a RPG but it doesn't feel 'gamey' at all. I'm interested in how all the Ubi devs reacted to this, I'm pretty sure they cried into their pillows.

10s are too much. There are issues for sure. I’ve had one real early on that spoiled the game for me a little. Basically a father and son building a house started firing at me and I killed them. Fine, have to live with that. But then the bounty was about $300 which I wanted to pay so I was hunting a lot and slowly making money but all too often the bounty hunters would show up so I’d have to either gallop far enough away or be killed and have my gear taken. I figured if killed bounty gone. Nope. 

But it here’s the real kicker. I was galloping around and heard a gun fight so went to help them out. It was the bloody father and sons back alive. So I help them. Get karma from the father that started shooting me the first time. So now I’m in a situation of a bounty on me for killing a guy whose alive and has just thanked me. 

Then a friend told me irl how easy it is to have the bounty removed. I wish I’d known 10 hours ago.

Also encountered bugs. Horses in floors. And dialogue is for the most part fantastic for the story quests but soon runs out of steam when greating people.

The karma is a mixed bag as well because you ARE an outlaw but it’s impossible to do some things without suddenly everyone knowing or assuming you did something terrible when there wasn’t even anyone around. Also I heard the masks do nothing. Idk if true. 

Its a solid 9 don’t get me wrong and I hate putting numbers to games tbh but I have to point out flaws when I see them instead of all the hypetastic reviews that the main publications seem to warrant towards rockstar games. 

For people that don’t like it from the get go though that’s because it’s less of a run of the mill third person adventure and more of an outlaw simulator. Sometimes to it’s detriment. But I love it. Honest. 

I wold agree. I'm enjoying it but it's not got that feeling where you're constantly thinking about it while you're not playing it.

Finally got to chapter 3, and the camp has moved on.

Any idea what the difference between a poor animal and a good one is? I've killed various animals and the pelt has been considered poor, but only a handful have been perfect for crafting.

Not done much hunting but I think a parfect pelt needs a perfect animal and  killed right. If you use binoculars or aim at an animal it's rated 1-3 star. 3 being the best. Get a clean headshot or if small enough rope tie them n slit the throat. Doesn't damage the pelt I found. 

Just what I've figured thus far.

38 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Not done much hunting but I think a parfect pelt needs a perfect animal and  killed right. If you use binoculars or aim at an animal it's rated 1-3 star. 3 being the best. Get a clean headshot or if small enough rope tie them n slit the throat. Doesn't damage the pelt I found. 

Just what I've figured thus far.

That. Make sure you have a vermitsomething gun for the smaller animals. But yeah like I said, especially hunting wise, it’s more a simulator experience. Scope out the 3 stars. Use bate maybe. Use the right weapon. 

I’ve only done the hunting legend bear quest and I saw there’s more to go on from the camp so I imagine it tells you everything eventually but I wouldn’t shy away from a guide tbh because it’s quite poor at explaining things. 

I’ve pushed my horse to its limit but I think I need a new one. I didn’t realise until I was riding alongside one of the gang members but my horse is tiny compared to the others.

Any recommendations? I’ve currently only got 100 dollars on me as I’ve been investing in the camp quite a bit.

Got it! How do I keep it as my main horse? I got my old one following me with my new one but am I taking this back to camp or to a stable?

Edit:

Never mind, some wolves spooked the horse, it threw me off and now I can’t find the bastard.