passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

Aside from having too many 'realistic' systems in place I've found the game more or less as expected. Every Rockstar game has played janky and cumbersome. At least you can tweak it to hold/toggle instead of the rapid hits in some of the situations.

It's not a surprise more of a recognition. Perhaps they should play better but the tight action isn't ever why people play Rockstar games. Same as Bethesda's games really. It's the open world. In Rockstar case it's where the little details pay off for me. That's what people liked about Rockstar. They may have stepped too far in the life management though. But I can say it's not got in my way the few hours I've now spent on it. Horse has had a biscuit and I've had some beans. That's about it. Can't seem to brush my horse yet bet I need to buy/nick one.

The story and side missions set this apart. Each are well voice acted, mocap is good, fun quirky characters that Rockstar dream up. I've done the stuff in Valentine. 'Talked' to one of those legendary photo gunslingers. That was quite amusing. His gun was more ornate than mine with similar stats. So I took it. I've now had a ride up to the snowy area we started in to nosey around. Quite a distance though.

A nice little feature I found out was that if you have a mission or waypoint trail set, put it to cinematic camera, and set off, you can out the pad down and let the horse take you there. Might want to be within ear shot tho incase of being attacked or a random side mission takes your interest.

I currently have a bounty as I was standing in the high street checking my map, and some arsehole in a wagon didn't like me blocking his way so he shot at me. And I'm the bad guy for taking his head off with a shotgun!?

I'm loving the randomness of this had a pretty funny death involving a man and his sons building a house. Went back to the same location a bit later to find them under attack.

Anyone done the mission where you shout, “Lenny!” a lot? Now that’s an entertaining one.

Also did one involving a cult which was not as good as I’d hoped for. Hopefully that will be something you come back to, as the weirder side of these games is always the most fun.

27 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Anyone done the mission where you shout, “Lenny!” a lot? Now that’s an entertaining one.

Also did one involving a cult which was not as good as I’d hoped for. Hopefully that will be something you come back to, as the weirder side of these games is always the most fun.

I stumbled across an abandoned building with obvious links to a cult which was pretty creepy.

Oh, and remember to search chimneys. 

Moved your post here, @RYAN WHITELAW as we tend to use this folder for game impressions.

It is pretty extraordinary. It’s also not for everyone as you have to be happy with sometimes not a lot going on.

I’ve spent a good chunk of time just standing by the side of a road watching people go by.

And chilling out at camp, hearing people sing songs and have arguments.

Good news, everyone!

The legendary bear hat is back! I went back to the guy who crafted it for me and could equip it again for free.

In stupidity news, I stole a wagon for a mission. The area was full of guards. There is a slight chance I could’ve done it stealthily, but I think it’s more likely that it’s meant to go loud. 

A wiser man would’ve put the mask on first so you don’t get a bounty on your head, but I am not that man.

just had my horse on autopilot back to camp while I made a cuppa. As I come back in the room I see my horse steam through some sheep in the road, knock two flying, and then the herder's come chasing after me. I then get done for bringing enemies to camp ?

??

Update: I’ve controlled riding a horse for five minutes before having to go to work ☹️

I was told changing controls to fps and the sensitivity down is best. Any thoughts? I’ll certainly play as intended first.

I do hope it becomes a donner party situation though. 

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

Just wait, you too will be accidentally killing wildlife by the ton.

How many animals have we all killed unintentionally so far? I've had at least 3 suicide birds, trampled over 2 rabbits and a snake.

Loads, too many to count, I'm an accidental animal serial killer.  Not too mention riding my horse into trees at high speed a number of times as well.

16 hours ago, Hendo said:

How many animals have we all killed unintentionally so far? I've had at least 3 suicide birds, trampled over 2 rabbits and a snake.

Only 1 rattlesnake so far for me.

When I skinned it and put its flabby remains on my Horse it looked a bit like carrying a bit flabby cock around, could see it jiggling about as the horse galloped ?

I also had a Skunk vendetta last night. Saw one and wasted about 10 arrows trying to kill it, chasing it for ages before finally getting my pistol out and dead eying the cunt.

Only for me to forget about the meat when I camped and it went off in the morning ?

Just been out to snowy land to find a specific legendary animal, found one - just not the specific one I was after, but when I arrived right Infront of me was a pure white horse. It was like a sign or something. I got off my horse and managed to get close and mount it. 

It's now my main horse. Got some impressive stats. Elite class ? I'll name it Charlie.