passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Soulcalibur VI

Whiskey_chaser

So, Soul Calibur is out and it's the first game i've played in the series since SC on the Dreamcast, so I have absolutely no idea what's changed since, though I understand it's a bit of a series reboot - with the story continuing on from the first SC. The weird thing is, after one match everything game flooding back. I remembered a few moves with some familiar characters and it soon set in how to get enemies in the air and juggle. 

I managed to play around ten games online with a mate and the experience was pretty smooth, with only a little stutter happening in a couple of the matches. One of the new features is the reversal edge - where everything slows down and you're both locked into a rock-paper-scissors situation with the winner pulling off some visually spectacular move.

One thing that hasn't changed over the years is it's wardrobe, with a lot of flesh in display. Ivy looks like she's just stepped out of an Amsterdam window display, and clothes can be knocked off during a match. 

So yeah, really enjoyed my brief time with it last night. I'm surprised how natural it all felt after not playing an SC for 19 years. It has two story modes and a character creator to get stuck into so looking forward to getting stuck into the meat and potatoes of it over the weekend.

Really want to get this, but just got too many games on at the moment (RDR2 is looming as well). Will definitely pick it up at some point though as it looks great and the reviews I’ve seen suggest it’s a return to form.

Last one I played was SC4 which I found to be a bit disappointing (although I forget precisely why). Didn’t get SC5, partially due to them cutting most of my favourites from the roster.

4 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

Sorry, my OCD is kicking in because of the title but Soulcalibur is one word. 

It wasn't that long ago I realised this too. 

So it is ? I honestly never noticed. Doesn’t seem right really, but it is what it is ?

5 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

I'll not have time for it ATM. I'll wait and get it with my mate ^ I'll poke him around with Kilik's pole. It's his favourite ?

Whoever this “mate” is sounds like a pretty stand up guy. Clearly has really strong morals if he disapproves of Kilik pokey pokey tactics ?

Bought this blind to reviews on Friday (well, got the company to pay for this and add a 2nd controller, along with FIFA 19, to the game office roster of one game).

Seemed a relatively safe bet anyway (and the first game i’ve bought on release day since I don’t know when). Plays well, kind of the same as ever, graphics are a little rough at times (mainly cut scenes). I thought I remembered lots of moves for Taki...seems some have been remapped these days!!

I've dipped into this a couple of times over the weekend, mainly playing online (seems i'm not too bad playing Yoshimitsu) and trying one of the story modes. Didn't get far in the Story mode but it seems ok so far, the character creation tool is one of the best i've seen. I've seen a couple of really cool creations whilst playing online including Ciri from the Witcher. Even whacked up to full spec on my laptop the game runs silky smooth.

I did manage to get stuck against someone playing Geralt who had nearly 8000rp – It didn't end well, but I played about ten matches and lost two so i'm happy with that.