passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch Online

mmmark

No instead they renamed the first one Earthbound Origins or Beginnings or something. But they did that back when they first ported it to Wii U in like 2013/14/15 something 

I should see if I can get that english version of Earthbound 3 on PC rom. I can play that now, that's a thing I should do 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mario Golf 15.04.2022

The original and best? Me and my dad played so much of this even years after it came out. Even the GC sequel fell flat in my house, we played it for a week then went back to this. 

Outside of Mario Kart this is the only Mario Sports game I've played and liked.

Not really a game I want to play again. Maybe give it a 5min whirl. Good to see it all the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mario Party 1 + 2 coming to the service next month

The biggest disappointment of the last Direct was when they announced the next games coming to NSO were Mario Party 1-3. Well, at least they’re adding 2 of them at the same time. Get through this wheel spinning a little bit quicker

• 6 months later...

I started playing Zelda II on the OLED last night, really putting that thing through its paces. Completed the first 'palace' and found a candle to go south with, all without using guides and stuff. It's a weird game I've always been curious about so I'll mess around with it until I lose interest.

One thing I'm not impressed by with Nintendo's online thingy is none of these old games have manuals you can read on the switch, you have to download it off weird websites. You really need manuals for some of this old stuff, the games themselves are probably so character limited they probably have too little memory to even explain themselves how to play them. Also not really impressed with the selection, you think there'd be more stuff on it.

I played Zelda II without a guide as a kid.  I think I got to the 6th palace over the space of a year.  It required that kind of child's patience to have it in rotation for that long,  a guide would be essential for some parts as an adult, it's very obtuse.

Despite that I can't not have a soft spot for Zelda II, it was my first Zelda.

My cockiness was premature in any case, I've since learned that if a game has 'SP' on it it means it's full of cheats, so my candle was acquired fraudulently. Link was on the juice and was fully levelled up. I've started again on the 'proper' version and Link is getting messed up by mere slimes. 

I was wondering why I had so many spells out of the gate.

(as an aside I think it's cool that Nintendo basically have rom hacks on their service, I just wish it was more clear that's what it was lol)

• 2 months later...

Oracles of Ages/Seasons is on Switch now

These are the only 2D Zeldas I've actually beaten, and only Zelda in general I beat until I finally wrapped up BOTW a few months ago. I remember them being good, but well, that's just what I remember. Both games have a side a/b component to them, if you start in seasons you get a password to have a different playthrough of Ages and vice versa. Differences are pretty marginal if I recall (same dungeons, powers, etc), but it changes the ending and character storylines are extremely different cause characters from one game show up in the other

You have to beat both games twice to see everything, not that you should actually do that cause you're getting most of the experience playing through each once anyway