passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch Online

mmmark

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

And people complain about the MS and Sony line ups...

honestly, little annoys me more in gaming than people defending Nintendo's online policy, particularly when the defence is "it's cheaper than the others". It's a fucking shit fest, the games are shit, most are owned by Nintendo so could just be free, they're older than most of the people who own Switch's, they only have a handful of online enabled games, they dicked over their own community, and bar some useless cloud saves there's nothing different than when it was free last year

Thing is if Nintendo did a Netflix service with all of their back catalogue up to a few generations ago that would be awesome. It would be a convenient way of playing some of the best games made of all time? This though, it's fucking wank. There's no other way of dressing it up.

I'd go as far as saying the MS and Sony ones are toss as well. They have some stellar months but for the most it's just a tax.

15 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

There’s a reason that Nintendo doesn’t do a proper job with its back catalogue. That reason being, they’re clueless.As Jim Sterling has pointed out,in numerous of his videos,is that when it comes to Online,Nintendo are vastly behind Microsoft and Sony. 

Ultimately, it hasn't effected their ability to make shit loads of cash, so there isn't the incentive to set up a service as fully featured as ps+ or Xbox live. I'd rather them have not bothered, kept the online free (doesn't effect me if it's free or not, I don't use it, but it's had an impact on a big chunk of their core market) and had a decent store front for back catalogue.

I would have happily spent money on SNES games (probably not nes), certainly more than the fiver I spent on their online service.

Although Nintendo's focus is currently on NES titles in terms of retro offerings, according to a dataminer who has sifted through NES Online strings - apparently added in last month's Switch update, there's now evidence Super Nintendo games are planned for the service in the future. Below is the full list of titles, according to dataminer Kapu, who also goes by the Twitter handle @KapuccinoHeck.

I’ve really liked the service the little I’ve played of it. 

Once you’ve downloaded the the app you can play all the games in the collection seamlessly. Had some fun on Excitebike and Ghouls n’ Goblins but haven’t gone back to it. Cool it’s there nevertheless.

4 hours ago, Blakey said:

I’ve really liked the service the little I’ve played of it. 

Once you’ve downloaded the the app you can play all the games in the collection seamlessly. Had some fun on Excitebike and Ghouls n’ Goblins but haven’t gone back to it. Cool it’s there nevertheless.

Pretty much that. It’s easy to criticise an older company with a massive backlog and say they should release everything at once but why would they? Everyone just seems to view the releases from NES as garbage even though they haven’t played them. They’ll happily throw down £10 on an indie inspired by one of the titles then somehow demand every game from nes to n64 to be released immediately. 

Nintendo have done a shocking job at releasing Switch online, I’d rate service so far as 7/10 in terms of nes releases, personal expectations and online performance. I’ve played a lot of games otherwise unavailable to me without a lot of leg work and further costs.

I dunno, just seems like swearing and negativity wins against insight and research every time when a window of opportunity presents itself recently for all companies.