Sign in to follow this  
DifferentClass

Cross-Console Play News

5 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Well with the Switch for example, since it doesn't have much in terms of features on the device itself I think potentially having XBL on the device could be a good substitute.  It's all maybes since we don't know the details but potentially you could connect with other Switch users through it.  It's just another good step towards a fully cross-play future if it gets used enough.  If MS do enough to make it worthwhile they could gain more Gold subscribers from people who don't even have an Xbox.

It may even inspire Nintendo to get more competitive on their own device if more people are using it over their own.

can you even have cross functionality across apps on the Switch?

Like you said, we'll see eventually, it just seems like one of those things that sounds like a big deal but never lives up to it.

This is a bit out there, but thinking the next consoles will possibly be a joint offering from Xbox and Nintendo, neither want to lose money and tbh the market share would definitely take over ps.

The Xbox is too much like a pc, while the switch is out there different, Nintendo have the crazy ideas, Microsoft can bsck it up with years of software development and the OS would be loads better than Nintendo’s offering.

The next gen could be very interesting...

If you think I'm playing a fucking Mario game you're very much mistaken... even with achievements.😂

I really can’t see at all why Ninty and Microsoft would be collaborating on consoles in the future. Doesn’t make any sense to me why Nintendo would be so buddy buddy with a competitor.

I think this XBL news is cool though but it’ll just be an XBL app on the eShop that you can log into on your Switch, with some games like Minecraft using it for achievements etc.

playing splatoon while trying to talk to people was a pain, so (probably unlikely) if they could get party chat on there throught this xbox app thing, that would be great.

This here from the CEO/president of HiRez studios. :awe:

Just come off recording a podcast bashing Sony for this shit. :lol: 

Sony really need to check themselves. Their versions of the games that support crossplay elsewhere are lesser versions because of their backwards mentality.

It is annoying though that both HiRez and Epic give Sony free content be it skins or even a battle pass in Realm Royale's case, and Xbox or Nintendo don't get anything.

HiRez CEO also put this out there.

Can you imagine how much nicer and level matches in games like Overwatch and Siege would be if PS4 and XO were lumped in? I should imagine you're less likely to have people give up playing as well if they have a bad night matchmaking against strong teams since the gap shouldn't be as wide.

Be a boon to the fighting game community as well. There are no losers.

Oh god all this shite again :lol: 

A few niche games don't have crossplay. Oh no!

4 minutes ago, Blakey said:

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Blakey said:

1H2Z0XI.gif

4 hours ago, Blakey said:

You’ve really outdone yourself this time. 

Shawn Layden Seems to Refute Devs on Twitter Who Implied PlayStation was the Reason Behind their Lack of Crossplay

We got to that place in Fortnite and it seems to be going reasonably well, from what I can tell. The Rocket League light up will happen soon. People keep saying, “Why doesn’t Sony allow more people to have it?” We’re open for business on this one. All it takes is for publishers and developers who wish to permission it. As ever, just work with your PlayStation account manager, and they will walk you through the steps that we’ve learned through our partnership with Epic on how this works. I don’t believe right now there is any gating factor on that. I think they’re open to make proposals, because the Fortnite thing worked pretty well.

Why don't I believe that...🤔

Fortnite dev so unaware why they're getting thier own way. 

EDIT: misread that. 

I have a hard time believing that all the other devs wanting to do cross-play (Including Bethesda) just never thought of contacting their partners at Sony.