passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Kinda has those narcissism red flags about him

Kinda? It's in the way he talks on the podcast. Even telling simple stories requires such set up or attempts to reach something profound it's like this guy does not live on planet earth. There's a meme on the podcast where he tried to proclaim that they're all scientists because they all explore and ask questions of their art. He says such dumb shit.

But I'm also not a believer that hyper successful people are dumb even when they come across like it. So I'm constantly questioning is he a lucky idiot, or is he so pretentious, weird and narcissistic that he just sounds like an idiot. The NFT stuff doesn't help. 

I dunno. I know he's talented but I really can't stand him. The composer on the podcast is kind of the same but not as bad. Honestly I wish it was just Alanah and Mike they're the only interesting ones to listen too. 

Oh man 🤣

I've never listened to this podcast, or even heard of it tbh. But I hope they go all in, but I guess they won't.

edit I listened to 15 minutes of this pod. The guy is such a bullshitter. The funny bit was where he stuttered when asked the question about did he do it for profit. Not as good an actor as he is when he played Joel that's for sure 🤣

In the bit I listened to he was just playing up being a himbo. It's nonsense stuff tho and I dunno how maf has listened to these for so long with that guy on it

So I’ve talked before how I think the Xbox consoles are absolute shit for any kind of recording/sharing/clipping/uploading whatever. Every step of the process is wank, and the results are always shit. 

Well I found out a while ago that if you format a 3.0 usb you can record up to an hour. Since I have a PC and can do that now I tried it and really believed this would turn the ship around.

Turns out I’m dumb and can’t read because it is saying you can now “Record” up to an hour. So you can’t extend the time for the option of “Record what happened” like you would want to do. You can only extend the option of “Start recording” and it will record for an hour.

It’s so dumb. I just can’t understand. You never know when something is going to happen. That’s the point of being able to just say clip that last 10 minutes. Not constantly record for an hour just in case something happens.

And then you would have to take the USB and edit it on a PC to get the video anyway.

I know this is the most 1st world problems complaint ever but I’m still stunned and can’t get over how bad Xbox is at this. Playstation does this shit so easy you don’t even need to think about it. Not only can Xbox not compete on this level in terms of functionality but you can’t even do it locally on your Xbox alone just to get a worse result. 

I love the Series X. I think it’s a fantastic console. But I can’t believe how bad their video options are. Everything from taking the clip, to the options of how you can take it, to editing it, to finding it, to uploading is the absolute fucking worst. It’s worse than the Switch. Fair enough Switch only gives you 30 seconds but at least it’s completely easy to do.

I feel like I come on here and moan about this shit once every few months when I try to experiment with it again to see if it’s better and every time I walk away in total confusion about what a fucking shit show the whole thing is. I just can’t wrap my head around any of it. 

It is the only thing I think the Xbox does which is bad. But it does it badly to the point of it being an absolute disaster. I don’t think there’s a worse feature on any current console. Whatever a console does badly, nothing is as bad as the Xbox at recording shit. It’s fucking crazy. 

The share feature is something I lolled at when I saw it on the DS4 but it ended up being my most used feature of that console, particularly due to the games I play (cool stuff happening in dmc/fg game, needing to rewind gameplay to see a weird mechanic in ffxiv and understand how to resolve it better). It is strange if MS dont just have the instant replay feature that Playstation has and nvidia does with alt z. It's very nice, again if you play stuff that benefits from it.

I think Grid Legends is probably the safest game in that list. It's essentially counter programming. Everything else is by some means a fantasy open world game, Grid is the only one that's just a racer. It won't sell the best but it doesn't have any direct competition so it should still do all right. 

I think perhaps Dying Light 2 will struggle most. 

Just that 2021 was meant to be packed, but it all got delayed so that helped lighten the load. But now it's all 2022 so it's double packed. Going to be a lot to play this year. 

I won't get all those games in Feb. Pokemon is ordered, my interest in HFW has really shot up over the past month or so. Want to get that. Elden Ring, eh. I want to play it. But not super excited about it. So unless the reviews are fucking crazy and the hype gets me I'll probably wait. I only recently bought Dying Light 1 so want to play that before the sequel.

Grid I want to play but that's a hard wait. Probably pick it up in a sale at the other end of the year honestly.