passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

23 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

a Children of Men ripoff with bad gameplay.

I haven't played it. But I looked into TLOU and didn't really like what I saw. One of my cousins, in contrast, was obsessed with Halo. Couldn't sing it's praises enough. Unfortunately a very headache inducing game for me.

It just has some of the worst gameplay sections I've seen in a highly regarded game for that era. Credit where it's due, the sequel was a huge uplift in quality gameplay wise.

Don't care about the story in either of them though, cause it's pretty derivative (if technically impressive, how they manage to pull it all together. But that really isn't enough imo to deserve it the classic status it's been given)

Halo 2 is the kind of game you can trace a huge legacy from, even if you don't like it that much (which I don't). Xbox 360's era was built on top of Halo 2. Hell Halo 2 was the most played game on the 360 platform until its sequel came out

I can see why if given both games today you’d think tlou was the better game, however Halo 2 was far and away the greater accomplishment.

But then again I think all lists are garbage and used only to provoke and generate traffic.

Memory, eh?🤷‍♂️

Just logged into my ShopTo account. For the first time since ..Returnal came out? Turns out I had a code I never used for DeS remake. I don't know what it does but if anyone wants it, let me know.

Dumb question but my brain is farting. Do you think any of these options indicates I can share a save file across Xbox and PC? I was going to try The Ascent on PC to see if I like it more, but don't want to start again from the beginning. 

The current list of features is here, but nothing stands out as 'share your save file' 

image.png

It does have my achievements, though 

image.png

Ahh, I just spotted it. The 'Play Anywhere' tag means you can play it on any platform, no matter where you purchase. Plus your saves go back and forth. Nice. 

Trust me to get stuck for 20 minutes, give up, post the question, then find the answer smh

I bring you a fun little quiz.

There are currently certain Castlevania items on sale in time with its anniversary. One item is a fancy Limited Run Special Edition of Castlevania Requiem (SotN & Rondo) with a bunch of nice little extras like a poster, soundtrack, a chain pin, a steelbook and a replica of Alucard's sword and shield.

The other item is an NFT JPEG.

Now one of those is being sold for 175 bucks, the other one is part of an auction and currently sitting at 3500 USD.

Can you guess which is which???

14 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

It´s kinda wild to me that it´s art of one of the lesser Igavanias

It´s actually not an Igavania, he even infamously threw it out of the official canon a couple of years later out of spite.

Which is odd because it goes nowhere special with its story, it´s a very basic Vampire Killer vs. Dracula setup.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-14-video-game-voice-actor-troy-baker-is-now-promoting-nfts

Troy Baker is working with a company that does "Voice NFT's" or he's making them. One or the other.

Hope this comes up on the next Play, Watch, Listen podcast haha. Don't know what Alanah or especially Mike think about NFT's but this could be fun 

The more I listen to Troy the more I can't tell if he's smart but so pretentious that he sounds dumb or is actually dumb but his talent and looks let him get away with it 

EDIT: Yes, I found this 

image.png

Next podcast should be gooooooood 

It's so disheartening seeing those who seem like decent nerdy guys fall for this shit.  You don't have to look far down the road to see why they're a problem and not something most people want.

If it's just for rich weirdos, fine, they've been investigating in dumb shit since forever but these necessarily require an ecosystem and a bunch of people getting the short end of the stick.

I hate that it won't go away.  It reminds me of F2P games that are run on 'whales' where the vast majority in an ecosystem don't pay but it just takes a tiny percentage of big spenders to keep it going.  Gaming NFTs might be like that in that barely anyone cares but enough will to make it something worth pandering to.  Except this has environmental consequences on top.