passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Had some convos about ray tracing come up again in the Guardians topic. Alex has a good vid here about the RT in Matrix (which obviously goes way beyond Guardians, it's the real deal and why the tech is important and not a gimmick)

For my money the best 'real' game implementation of this stuff is Cyberpunk (on PC) and Metro Enhanced (on everything)

I wasted £7 on Sonic 1 and 2 on Switch because they were the Sega Ages collection version. It’s cool that you can drop dash and spin dash in Sonic 1. It fucks with me because I play these levels so specifically without these moves that to then play them a different way is harder. There’s also some ways I would play where I would hold jump off a box to get a bigger jump, but now it turns in to a drop dash like huh. Weird to get used to.

The bummer is the d-pad on switch is horrible for this and somehow the game has frame rate or lag issues or something. Even spin dashing through the fake walls in Green Hill the game starts to stutter and it’s like really. 

Also I hate the border. Stretch it, make it wide screen, c’mon.

I dunno. They’ll probably be fun to jump in to for 10 minutes here and there when I’m bored, and playing around with the drop dash is fun. But not a recommended version of these games (At least the first 1, not tried the second yet)

Not sure you can see how bad the frames drop because it’s recorded on Switch and then through Twitter. But you can at least see Sonic really slow down in the wall then be much faster when he comes out of it

How does that happen 

18 hours ago, Maf said:

It’s cool that you can drop dash and spin dash in Sonic 1.

Ohh? The last time I played Sonic 1 (Sega Mega Drive Collection, I think?) it still had the original control scheme. This makes going back to the first game actually seem fun now.

I feel like this happens all the time these days, but AWS is down. Which effects Epic game services by the looks of things. So for instance, I can't startup FFVII Remake, a game I bought a week ago, because of EGS DRM. Or any Epic game for that matter.

This is a screenshot of my library, my games are 'gone'. Hitman 3, gone, Kingdom Hearts, Tony Hawk, Hades. Some other stuff

image.png

Where is Adam Orth when you need him?

Oh, steam works fine btw 🤣

Convalescing again, I'm back to watching YouTube LP's. Specifically, Dark Souls 2 and LoZ: Breath of the Wild. They tend to be long videos, as I don't really get up very often with the illness. There were times with the latter, I thought that maybe I'd been too hasty in getting rid of it without finishing it? But the longer I watch, the more I was reminded of the bits that also put me off in the first place.  So for now, I'll wait to see if the sequel has brought it more inline with classic Zelda.

DS 2, on the other hand. I think is more enjoyable to watch than to play. I remember that one vividly. 

Usually when I miss playing a classic game I like that I can't play anymore I like seeing first play throughs of them.  It's usually when I'm trying to sleep because I do have tinnitus so when it's being particularly bad it's usually the noise I have on to help mask it.

19 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

Usually when I miss playing a classic game I like that I can't play anymore I like seeing first play throughs of them.  It's usually when I'm trying to sleep because I do have tinnitus so when it's being particularly bad it's usually the noise I have on to help mask it.

That particular itch I find most with Wii and DS games. Since they largely haven't been ported to anything new. That and PSOne RPG's, which weren't really popular back when I played them. Let alone now.

When I'm ill with this, I'm mostly laying down to take the pressure off my gut. Not sleeping. So for the most part, it is the audio I'm listening to also.

I couldn’t find a thread about streaming stuff so if I missed it let me know.

So streaming Switch is pretty easy, huh! Just plug it in to the capture card via HDMI, download OBS, and away you go.

At first I tried streaming through the GeForce thing. But it shows your whole desktop and when you click out of the game so I didn’t like that. Then when I installed OBS there was a sound loop issue but I just had to mute desktop audio and that fixed that. As far as I can tell it was all good!

The delay on the button presses is there, but didn’t find it too bad really. Although I only played Ocarina and Mario so maybe for something faster or more demanding it would be more troublesome. But not too bad all in all

I was playing it on the Monitor through OBS. I guess I could of looked at the capture card tab instead? I can't play through the TV. It's on the other side of the room. Maybe when I get a second monitor play like that.