passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

2 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Play FFX HD you coward.

ezgif-2168112475.gif

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The Vita is cool but it's not as cool as being a 7 year old who can play REmake, RE4, 5 and 6 on the go

That would be very irresponsible parenting... especially letting someone Play Resi 6.

In all seriousness though for as cool as the Vita was I could never play the thing for more than an hour or so before my hands felt like they were having some kind of episode... it was not a comfortable piece of kit to use.

Seeing Maf and Dwarf disect Strive has been unsettling to me.  I learned much less than they have by just playing lots of fighting games but being mediocre at all of them, but at least getting to know the game.

I don't have what they have so I really have to give up my kinda unearned title of being MFG's fighting game guy.  And Mary being here too.  I guess I understand them better than I play them but it's definitely long padt I hang up the mantle.  Maf and Dwarf have the capacity to be better than me and understand future fighting games if they choose to stick with the genre.

But, I was there early on.  Remember that.  I was uploading shit as soon as it became easy

Here's early SFV when I wanted to be a Karen main (it didn't last, as the game grew she became hard to use to idiots)

I tried to git gud at MvC: Infinite.  The only footage I have is this

Man, I even tried out the EX Layer beta and used what I knew to play a pretty unfamiliar fighting game

It's pathetic but all I knew about this series is dash and go low.  But, it doesn't look like much but I did a Demon that cancelled out their super and that is dope but only if you know the language of fighting games.

And DBFZ was a hoot in the early days.  Just everyone hitting buttons, weird shit happening and you try and learn it for next time.

I don't think this is quite year one, but it's very early.  I've certainly not used this team for a long time.

I wish I had some KoFXIV footage but I don't think I ever had a good online fight.  Which is sad as I learnt some dope shit for that game.

Anyway, I just hope Maf and Dwarf take their Strive knowledge and enjoy future fighting games.  It's transferable and other games are dope in other ways.

Yeah, the Strive acivity is bittersweet for me as well because I have zero interest in that game but I'd really love to be part of the learning process of a new fighting game here on the forum.

I've basically stuck to two series over the years (Street Fighter and Soul Calibur) and have only ever just dabbled in others. Add to that that SCVI is complete garbage online and kind of ruined my favourite character I'm pretty much only playing SF these days. Didn't really get into MvCI but then again I suck at team games anyway, hence why I didn't pick up Skullgirls or Dragonball. I tried EX Layer and I think the Switch version is better but couldn't yet convince myself to pick it up.

I think the next game I'll try to learn is KoF XV, hopefully some people here will pick that up as well. It's not as appealing as Strive visually but there's no reason to presume it won't be a good game.

Edit: lol you tried the exact same team in MvCI than I did.

I'm going to buy melty blood at the end of the month and probably be bad at it, I was practicing with the older one that came out in 2016 and it has one input that messed around with me a bit. Using the GG terminology, it goes 1432153. It's twisty and weird

I'm trying to choose a main but everyone in it is a maid or some form of generic waifu, so when the full game comes out I am going to pick the stupidest looking character so I can be a special snowflake. Even if they are the worst character in the game. I will play as a cactus if need be

@Maryokutai Dr Strange is really fun in MvCI.  Captain Marvel I didn't get as good with but I just wanted to pair him with a brawler.  I think I may be getting KoFXV too so you may not be alone on that one.

With Skullgirls you can play it with a single character that does hight damage and loads of health, but you don't have access to assists.  It scales with how many characters you pick.  I was more of a two character guy because three was too glassy for me.  I think the player base may be more on PC now though.

@one-armed dwarf ah, yeah some anime games had the full pretzel motion for some of their supers. I've never played a Melty Blood but I do have the last (I think) Under Nigh In-Birth and I got on as well as Xrd with it (not very).  But I got it cheap and late on.

I may do the same with Melty Blood but it's always hard coming to a fighting game late.

Yeah, Strange was good fun, I just couldn't use him at all (but also didn't bother too much with that game overall). They did some QoL adjustments to his moveset compared to MvC3 as well if I remember correctly, like being able to quickly put out three orbs etc. I didn't think too much about synergy but Captain Marvel was the only character where I managed to finish all the trials so I chose her. She also looked really cool in that game during Binary.

I remember reading about the team setup thing in Skullgirls, that was an interesting idea. It's waaaaaaaaaay too late to get into that game now though.

45 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

melty blood

That game's rated M in Germany, there must be more to it than waifus. It does look super bland and generic though.

But if you want to play as a Cactus you need to get on that #freemvc2 train:

Spoiler

amingo-mvc2-versus-art.png