passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I finished Zookeeper for the first time, I never realised Zookeeper had a story and fuck me it's a bit full on 

Spoiler

You play as a zookeeper and whenever you fail in the game the owner of the zoo screams at you, telling you what a failure you are. When you finish it you gets some cutscenes about a young man and his wife who fall in love, have a kid, and want to start a zoo. He works all the time at the zoo, his wife works all the time to make it work, then she dies. The zookeeper starts to resent the zoo until he loathes it because it killed his wife. That's why he hates the animals and treated you, his son, so badly and he's sorry

16 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

I just installed streamlabs OBS. You might want to change your notifications if you follow me on Twitch as it might be messy while I'm setting it up. Who am I kidding, it's going to be messy as fuck even once it's set up. It's not like I'm going to be doing it professionally, I'm just in it for a bit of fun.

This is up and running. Thanks to @Hendo for putting up with abominable sound loops and having his ears blasted by adverts.

Started Secret of Mana today. The PS4 remake not the SNES classic.

Was really enjoying it inspite of voice acting, no facial animations on characters, weird audio bugs, overbearing music over voice mix.

It looks lovely, if a little basic, and it controls really well. Then my girlfriend joined in and it all went to shit.

The camera doesn’t follow player one anymore, it just kind of stays in the middle of the screen so you can’t see if there are any enemies coming up so the game gets some real cheap shots on you.

It’s basically a 1 to 1 remake so it somehow manages to come with all the issues and exploits from the original. They had the perfect opurtunity to iron out issues, improve AI (which sucks ass), fix camera etc, but chose to just remake it as is.

It’s the Gus Van Sant’s Psycho of videogames. 

I'm hoping I get my sea legs with it, but I also think I need to sort out my set up for it. I don't have as much room as I used to have so I ended up having to sit at the head of my bed, feet up, might be better sat on a chair or stood up. It did occur to me afterwards that I don't actually have to have the camera on the tv, I won't be looking at it anyway, so it can go wherever suits using the VR best

8 minutes ago, Duck said:

Has anyone actually bought BFV yet?

That series going from forum favourite to not a peep being said about it is quite sad.

I was actually thinking about this after thinking about the Predictions Podcast and @ThreeFour saying he was going to get it over CoD. I watch a few BF streamers on Twitch and they've already gone back to BF4. That's not a good advert for the game, is it?

Always thinking about me ?

Yeah I was set to get it but time isn't on my side. Didn't realise Red Dead would be the slog it is and I actually bought Spider-Man ready to play before Destiny DLC but doesn't look like I'll have time for that, let alone BFV.

My mates getting it. If he says it's any good I may pick it up after Christmas. 

59 minutes ago, Duck said:

That series going from forum favourite to not a peep being said about it is quite sad.

I have (well, got it on Origin Access Premier anyway).

I created a thread for it in the Games section...put in about 20 hours.

5 hours ago, Duck said:

I have it on Xbox but haven't played it much yet due to lack of time and other games. I like what I have played though, and enjoyed the beta.

The only BF streamer I watch it ekolimits. He likes it.

http://www.twitch.tv/ekolimits

I don't think Killzone will be back anytime soon.  Guerrilla themselves are much more likely to do a sequel to Horizon and I doubt it will be passed to anyone else.  It was made as an answer to Halo and that doesn't even have the clout it did ten years ago. 

They could maybe use it to get into the Battle Royale scene but I don't think that's Sony's priority right now.

I'm hoping Wipeout isn't dead.  I thought the PS4 port last year was a sign of something but I worry its going the way of F-Zero. 

Guerrilla are reportedly a 2-team studio now from what we can gather from job listings so a new Killzone is possible in future.

I actually think we’ll be seeing Horizon 2 before the next Killzone though. I believe Horizon 2 will be a PS5 launch title.

I think Halo Infinite is an Xbox Two launch title too. 

I think we'll see a Killzone game at some point.I'm not entirely sure where they go with that game, but since when has that stopped anyone making sequels.

Horizon Zero Dawn will almost certainly get a sequel. I'd say that might even be a early title for PS5 when it comes.

I think Wipeout might be done.

What about games like inFamous? I'm amazed that that series has gone as far as it has considering they're not really that special.