passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

First play session of 2020 AKA I woke up at stupid o' clock on my last day off.

Shovel Knight - I was curious. Some time ago, I bought Shovel Knight via the 'Treasure Trove' edition. At the time, I was disappointed that for whatever reason, the game just didn't click with me. So I promptly abandoned the game and moved on to others. Fast Forward to more recent times, I became aware of the new, additional expansions: King of Cards & Showdown. So I did some checking and one very brief update later, Treasure Trove now contained both of those additions. So I erased my save from whenever and gave it another go. Turns out when played with a controller and not handheld, the controls are a lot less fiddly.

Blasphemous - This is so me. The tone, the setting, the Castlevania gameplay. I only really gave SK about 30 minutes playtime, this I gave two hours and I am actually looking forward to getting back to it.

Cuphead remains the last of the games I bought last year that I still haven't touched, I will wait until I've finished one of the above at least though. As I'm thinking at this point, given the time between play sessions, I'll likely have to start Dark Souls and Hollow Knight again from the beginning also, and they are a fair bit longer.

I tried the search function but couldn’t find any results so has anyone here played A Hat in Time and have any opinions on it? Good, bad, indifferent? I saw some gameplay that looked really good and audience scores are really high but review scores are mediocre 

All I know about it @Maf is the guy that made it has some questionable views on things but the game is an excellent old-school 3D platformer (review scores are good at 79% average? ?). The Switch version is meant to be awful though but that’s just from what I’ve heard. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty cool, the developer of VVVVV released its source code

https://github.com/TerryCavanagh/VVVVVV

It's very messy, which is oddly inspiring. As a self taught 'dev' there's stuff in here that even makes me ?

https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/13/21064100/vvvvvv-source-code-game-development-terry-cavanagh-release

I would really like to see the source code of Outer Wilds. Maybe we'll get it in 2030.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been out the loop recently gaming wise, some health issues and work stuff but need to focus on me a little. So last few months game wise what releases have I missed? Anything I really should of got?

Last purchases was Borderlands 3, Call of Duty oh and I downloaded Rage 2 on xb1...have no idea what I’ve missed..

This virus is obviously terrible so any gaming stuff that gets delayed then whatever. Do what’s right by people forget the video games (Although I kind of hope everything does get delayed, honestly, I could do with the extra time!)

On a Chinese tech production forum there was a note saying all the workers at a Sony factory got moved to a different premises across the other side country so they could continue work on the PS5, hardly reliable info but just the same as rando YT guy up there.