Sly Reflex

Gaming Shout Thread

Concerned Ape dropped Chucklefish, He does everything himself now. He's probably seen how much money it costs and decided to just take that cut himself for the work they're doing.

You know like when people say if you think of the James Bond theme it’s then impossible to recall the Mission Impossible theme or vice versa. I think the same is true for Green Hill Zone and Emerald Hill Zone music 

No I mean the Bond/Mission Impossible thing. I have genuinely never heard that. 

You can do the same thing with John Williams scores. If you start humming one, it's impossible to switch to another.

Hmm...when I google it it just comes back with a lot of YT mash ups of the songs but I think that’s a thing

EDIT: Yes, the John Williams thing is also true. The Superman theme and the Star Wars theme are like that, too

I was thinking about Bomberman the other day. I miss Bomberman Land on the DS, I might look at picking up Saturn Bomberman at some point

Anyone else have a bit of a block when it comes to playing games out doors? 

I'm sat in the park enjoying the sun, my kindle is flat so I've taken an analogue kindle with me. I was going to take the Switch, but there's something about playing games in public I hate 

Yeah, I don't like it. Mainly because it's hard to keep an eye what's going on, it's generally a bad idea to get absorbed into something. I stopped listening to music while out and about because of that reason.

Yep, I'm with the masses... Gaming is a indoor hobby.

Talking to someone at work about Cuphead the other day (she's had it since launch and tells me frequently it is 'my type' of game) and it got me thinking about adapting this kind of style in other games/genres. The first one that immediately came to mind when thinking of the Fleischer animated style was naturally Superman, the most famous IP attached to the studio.

Would you buy a Superman game in this style?

In all likelihood I wouldn't buy a Superman game full stop. 👍

Do I picked up the 3 months of game pass for £1. Great stuff!

Thought I'd play Lego Star wars with the kids.

Not sure when they brought in the clever split screen thing, but it's not in this game. 

Lots of being dragged off ledges and frustrating camera angles makes for a bit of a tricky experience.

12 minutes ago, Nag said:

In all likelihood I wouldn't buy a Superman game full stop. 👍

6751001-2460355477-49910.gif

😂

6 hours ago, OCH said:

Talking to someone at work about Cuphead the other day (she's had it since launch and tells me frequently it is 'my type' of game) and it got me thinking about adapting this kind of style in other games/genres. The first one that immediately came to mind when thinking of the Fleischer animated style was naturally Superman, the most famous IP attached to the studio.

Would you buy a Superman game in this style?

I love the idea and that style but what is a Superman game? Had this conversation loads back on GTM and I still not convinced how you do it.

If using this style you could argue that you were also using this Superman so he’s weaker and stuff, but that’s just not what Superman is to people anymore. Imagine selling a Superman game where you can’t fly in it? I don’t want that.

But yes. These cartoons are really silly now but the animation in them is beautiful 

My Superman game would be something along the lines of Star Fox and there is objectives along the route like saving people from burning buildings, cats from trees or whatever then at the end you get to a villain and the combat shifts to something more close combat. 

At the end of the level you get ranked like in Hitman Blood Money with a newspaper that spins towards the screen and is written out in a way that shows how good of a hero you are. 

I'd keep it simple.