Sly Reflex

Gaming Shout Thread

The Caffeine bundle looked pretty decent, except that 5 of the 7 games had been given away free on Twitch Prime in the last few months. Generally though,  I've not been interested in much that's been on there in a while. 

I don't go for the Humble Monthly, because I'd rather know what I'm getting. I did it once, because the 2 games they announced early were both ones I'd been looking out for deals on, so £12 was a steal.

They seem to announce the big games for those early, then the rest of the bundle comes later and always looks like filler to me.

I have Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ and Omnikron (as it was free, circa Bowie's passing) on Steam and that is it as far as my PC gaming goes.

seeing Giant Bomb play Mass Effect 2 reminded me I never finished it, I always meant to go back, I'd got a couple of people back in my party from what I remember of it.

anyway, looks like it isn't installed on my pc any more. It might be on an old harddrive that's in a box somewhere but I don't think it's worth the effort to rehook up to check. I was hoping I might still have a save on this pc somewhere, apparently not. So I'm hoping maybe Origin had cloud support. I've just started downloading the game and it says 0 hours played, so it's not looking good. Fuck knows what all my choices were, and now I have to make Rio all over again

So Anthem and Division 2 are very close on the horizon. EA are known for MTX, but then again it looks like Ubi have their own store front all ready and set up for that "1 year of free DLC". Which one do you think will be the biggest pisstaker? I think Anthem will be bad, but then again Ubi has an "Anything you can do we can do and get away with it" thing going on.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if both of them are fucked up the wazoo with horrendous grinding for the coolest shit. I'll have to take a mental note of how fast the in game currency comes and how much the most desirable stuff is. See how it stacks up to the rate per hour you earn it vs the most expensive item in the shop.

I know this will probably get me a lot of flak but once I get the achievements/trophies I want from the games I'll probably lose interest in them anyway...😂

Fuck the high level grindy shit, life's too short.

I want to star jump glitch around Raccoon City...

Just installed Shatter on a whim because I didn't know what to play and that caught my eye. Managed to beat it first go. Not sure why I never managed that on PS3.

Looks like the clock boss was the roadblock for many. I join only one other that managed to beat it.

3 minutes ago, retroed said:

Shatter has an ace soundtrack.

You're not wrong. It's pretty mint. Also the ending credits sounds like Lady Gaga ripped a bit of it for one of her songs. I wonder which song came first?

Poker Face released a year earlier. Probably best Gaga doesn't know about this.

Oh right 😄 I finished it, I thought a few people did. I remember it having a bit of a high score challenge for a couple of weeks 

You probably finished on PS3?

I miss how they used to do the "Your next score" thing. I can't remember if it was FX2 or Geo Wars 2 that did the box in the upper right where each time you scored the score would flip between their high score and how many more points you needed to beat it. It was stress inducing but satisfying at the same time.

Just had to have cex swap my xbox one controller. RB didn’t work unless hammering it. The lb and rb seem really squishy and cheap generally.