passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

52 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

I was going to post that and ask @DifferentClass what he thought about it. It looks so tacky.

Yeah, I'm out anyway since I don't have PS+ and I primarily like playing fighters online but shit like this makes sure I won't be returning. 

I know SFV is big on maintaining and developing a competitive scene but giving the characters race car liveries is ridiculous.  It's still a game that elicits its own character and atmosphere.  This just devalues that completely. 

There's so much competition in the genre now and they aren't the leaders or best. 

I could be wrong, but Undertale doesn’t actually have a NG+ or anything like that, does it? If you play it again and do the same things then nothing will change. But if you change how you play then you’ll get a different ending. But only if you do it perfectly, which means following a guide, as I don’t think anyone would just stumble into getting the true pacifist ending by themselves.

Personally, instead of replaying Undertale I would recommend playing the beautiful game Rakuen.

9 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

I could be wrong, but Undertale doesn’t actually have a NG+ or anything like that, does it? If you play it again and do the same things then nothing will change. But if you change how you play then you’ll get a different ending. But only if you do it perfectly, which means following a guide, as I don’t think anyone would just stumble into getting the true pacifist ending by themselves.

Personally, instead of replaying Undertale I would recommend playing the beautiful game Rakuen.

The game knows if you're starting again, and apparently some characters will even comment on it.

I accidentally killed a training dummy and another enemy during the tutorial, which affected the ending and how some characters reacted to me. I restarted it at a later date to try a non violent run, and although I never finished (the first hour or so is a little slow), I think the scenes with Flowey were different.

I wouldn't say it was essential to play it through more than once. I was perfectly satisfied with my playthrough.

Flowey isn't in the second run. I think the characters are aware and they comment, but you also get some more  character development. The true ending is vastly different from what I remember. Which is why I say you haven't finished it if not and suggested my Nier analogy. 

Going through it again is so fast because your bypassing the fights (you're not killing anything) and you already know this he routes n stuff. I think i did it in one evening session. 

I don't think the game really puts that across so I can't blame a lot of people to just not bother. Especially when you need to follow a guide to make sure. I'm glad I followed what I was told because all together I found it a better story. First playthrough I don't think I was all that impressed myself. 

The main thing I got from the pacifist run is the extra backstory and fleshing out of the characters. Found out so much more about their personalities, motivations within the story, and their relationships to one another. This all helped towards what I feel is the most emotional end to a game I’ve ever experienced.

I bloody love those guys! (And that is the reason I will never, ever be able to do a genoside run).

It's just I look at it and it has the signs of a project where the creator was never told "no, you can't do that".

Which you might think should be a good  but I fear Kojima is surrounded by a lot of yes men right now and sometimes it's good to have others who can temper an auter's creative impulses. Otherwise shit can get self indulgent which is how DS feels to me so far.

A good example of this imo is the new season of Twin Peaks

Ha! I actually really liked the latest series of Twin Peaks ? I am a bit of a Lynch fanboy though and can certainly see why it would rub people up the wrong way (my wife being one of those people, she sat there tutting all the way through it ha ha).

I think everyone likes the romantic idea of an artist delivering their purest, uncontested vision don’t they? In reality though, in most cases, when they are focussed and directed by another individual/party (producer/studio for example) they usually produce the best results.