passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

2 hours ago, Maf said:

What is just like, a cool, single player action game.

Astalon: Tears of the Earth 

It is very good. Just got back into it today. I think TMNT knocked some of the rust off.

@mfnick 

Sifu does look cool. I will get that at some point.

Katana Zero has amazingly cool style and visuals. But I was bad at that game. It was like the Mr Bean version of Live, Die, Repeat. I was very uncool at it 

@one-armed dwarf 

Dishonoured and games like that are not a bad shout, actually, I’ve been meaning to give the 2nd one a go on PC. Maybe I download that off Gamepass. 

@OCH

I had to Google it. It doesn’t look bad but not the kind of cool I mean 

• 3 weeks later...

I get some realisation like that two or three times a week.  The existential dread of time and how it seems to pass so much more quickly as you get older.  Like a year when you were at primary school seems to last a lifetime, because contextually to your own existence it kind of is but now a year just breezes by.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a nice day 🙂

They say the reason time moves faster as you get older is your brain bases memories off an accumulation of novel experiences, which diminishes in frequency as you get older.

So basically to 'extend' your life as you age you've got to start filling it with lots of new stuff.

Go to Australia and wrestle a kangaroo, you'll remember that week forever (if you survive..)

Speaking of old games, between the Mass Effect trilogy, Morrowind and the Gothic series I feel like I've found a pretty good way to keep interested in gaming while absolutely nothing seems to be getting released or announced this year. Partly cause of Steam Deck, but mainly the quiet release calendar makes old titles more attractive all of a sudden

Anyone else finding old stuff fun to go back to atm, or is it just me. Lots of novel experiences to be had with some old stuff cause they often do some interesting things that can end up being optimised/streamlined out of newer games, for better or worse.

I actually started up Mass Effect (1) Legendary Edition again on PS5 yesterday, going to try for an Insane run on all three games, I'll just be chipping away on them and it'll take me ages but that was mainly down to it being really quiet this year.

I play older game all the time though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been a little preoccupied lately. So to finish off the Christmas shopping for my nieces. This weekend I thought, as the games (Stray & Tekken 7) and the second controller are en route. It's time I actually bought the [game-free] PS5 to go with them. Between it being early November, no longer Covid Times and the whole cost of living malarkey. It should be easy to retrieve one, right? RIGHT???

Sold out fecking everywhere!!!🤬